Re: Customisable Controllers - NFS Heat

by DaxterKirby

Original Post

Customisable Controllers - NFS Heat

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Good Afternoon,

My question /request is an easy one. Will this NFS Heat release allow you to customize your controller to suit the users preference?  If not would you please please add this feature. I prefer to set up my own controller to suit me and not be told what buttons I have to use ie L2/R2. I have spoke with someone at Sony's own gaming studio and they have explained how this is very easy for a game developer to add this feature, so can you add this feature as people like me would have a greater enjoyment of your game if we were able to do this.

Thanks

Message 1 of 126 (36,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Glad to see others requesting this feature as well. I posted the same exact question before Payback’s release and I got no reply and the game did not have this feature. If any devs are reading this, PLEASE include customizable controls this time.

Message 2 of 126 (36,060 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

They had custom controls in NFS 2015 and removed it in payback, i have no idea why. I mean if it was there in the previous game and i know they reuse assets from previous games it shouldn't be hard to have it again.

Message 3 of 126 (35,971 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I am right there with you. The last nfs game I played, and enjoyed was carbon & underground 2 is by far my favorite. I have a career and a family and I only have so much time to set aside for games. I’d love to play a newer nfs game but I don’t want to spend time learning to drive again with different/weird controller options. I play gran turismo, which is the real driving simulator and they let you customize you controller options, so why can’t nfs. I just want to use the classic setup that I grew up with but it seems to be impossible from the latest nfs games. I believe there are a lot of people who feel me, and from a marketing side it’s lost revenues, why would I purchase a game that I can’t play. 

Message 4 of 126 (35,785 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can someone who has access to the pre-release version of heat, who is actually playing the game answer this question? Would be helpful.

Message 5 of 126 (35,765 Views)

★ Apprentice

As someone with a disability I want to know about this too. Accelerating with X/A was so much easier back in the day than with r2/rt.

Message 6 of 126 (35,717 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went on live chat and they said yesE751CA08-2172-406B-B12B-9D002E0A8D3E.png

Message 7 of 126 (35,710 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the information. Good work 👍✌️

Message 8 of 126 (35,682 Views)

★★ Novice

They said yes controller customize option is available in NFS Heat. But the real question is: How do we do that? Cuz I'm not gonna remember it once NFS Heat release 

Message 9 of 126 (35,662 Views)

★★ Expert

@Bullit010 

If your intrested check out these controllers.

https://www.controllerchaos.com/ps4-rapid-fire-custom-controller-need-for-heat.html

and

https://www.controllerchaos.com/xbox-one-s-custom-controllers-need-for-heat.html

And Control Settings.

If you like the answer then kindly credit me with the Solution and XP me.

Take care.

bandicam 2019-10-22 12-25-11-846.jpg

Message 10 of 126 (35,649 Views)