Customer support rude and toxic.

by waluigidawinner

Original Post

Re: Customer support rude and toxic.

★★ Expert
@waluigidawinner You call the customer support rude and toxic yet here you are exhibiting both those traits.

All they did was their job, you can't expect them to just refund you what your cousin spent on the spot. You could be lying, no one knows but you and whoever was in the room. Otherwise I'd be asking for refunds all the time once I get bored of a skin.
Message 31 of 42 (377 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead No way?
EA support members have guidelines on what they can and can't refund?
So they were just doing their job and per their employers guidelines?
They didn't break the rules because some one asked them to?

Message 32 of 42 (360 Views)

★★ Expert
@Jimmahwd Not sure what you're trying to say with all the question marks.

If you agree that they should refund him, say so, it would help his case. If you do not, say so too so that he sees why he should not expect a refund for actions he could have avoided.
Message 33 of 42 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@waluigidawinner Lolz for the opinion part 10 times, you’re on a forum. Not everybody reads every reply so they’ll just read your OP and then give an opinion.

I get your point and that’s why I gave some advice. I’m an analogy man myself so that’s why I commented.

You know why nobody comments on the rude/toxic part? Seeing that I know most names that replied on your post, most of us here have either dealt with or heard/know about their disposition towards customers regarding refunds or just inquiries in general. You’re not the first and certainly not the last.

Most make claims of accounts hacked/being banned while not even on their accounts and customer service doesn’t do anything about it usually and I’ve seen more than 20 such threads. Most claim to even have money spend and such and that doesn’t warrant a better response so the odds of you getting money back are unfortunately slim.
Message 34 of 42 (352 Views)

★★ Expert
@waluigidawinner Clearly this thread is going nowhere now but it seems as though you accepted your fate and understand that you will most likely not get the refund you wanted.

Thank's for the discussion though, kept me busy during my last hours at work and will now be heading out!
Message 35 of 42 (328 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@waluigidawinner 

The irony in what you're saying about EA is that the customer support staff are all just ordinary workers and thouroughly decent people. Whatever you may think about the company you can't blame the EA support staff for that since they don't make the policy or rules. They're just doing their job and they love helping people. They really do. Standard smile

Message 36 of 42 (308 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@warslag The live chat support is an abomination and should not be called support in the slightest form. I've had a few encounters with different companies over the years and what you said is usually correct, but most definitely not in this case. I've even had contact with the phone support which was WAY nicer and actually tried to help even being tied down by the ridiculous rules set up by EA for them to adhere too. If you think lying is the correct way for customer support to "handle" their cases you are out of your mind.
Message 37 of 42 (339 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead Tongue in cheek comments.
Support personal are following guidelines.
As the Op has stated he could of got a refund if his account had been breached externally.
As he is at fault no refund.
I suspect it would have made the support workers day.
You know like the old my dog ate my homework.
Message 38 of 42 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@waluigidawinnerdude sorry but no refund, is your fault no telling you cousin: DON'T BUY ANYTHING!

remember, kids are curious so you need to tell him what not to do in you pc.

i have a nephew, the dad borrow his cellphone to play games and my nephew buy app games thx to dad google account (he spent 100$), gg.

and THIS is a solution for you future.

Message 39 of 42 (308 Views)

Champion

Man this thread got salty.

@waluigidawinner  you could try appealing it.

that's basically your only option, but again it'll probably get you nowhere. 

Sucks but it is what it is, all saltiness aside maybe stress the importance of not spending your in game currencies to the young'en before you let them play your games in future. Embarrassed

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 40 of 42 (296 Views)