Customer support rude and toxic.

by waluigidawinner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Customer support rude and toxic.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Dear EA,

Recently I've had my cousin over for his birthday and I let him play some games on my PC (hes 11). He got on my Apex account and decided to unlock some things...I tried contacting EA Help today to no avail. It's a bit strange though, the first person Aman B. Case number 51883462. Simply informed me that it was impossible to reimburse the materials he used because of the automated servers? First off, every server is automated by default and second I know for a fact it is most definitely not "impossible". Then your customer support employee starts to patronize me by calling me all sorts of things and doing nothing other than sending some automated message that he sent before regarding the automation of servers. I then proceeded to start a new ticket but this time under the "hacked" account sub-section. I mean, it was compromised but I don't see what else I could put in as topic other than hacked. In which to my surprise it IS actually possible to reimburse my materials. Well what do you know. But due to the fact it was my cousin they can't help me? So not only does your customer support actively lie to their customers, and provide literally 0 help, they also make you wait a good 5 minutes per automated response. Why should it be so hard to fix a mistake even if it was from a consumers side? I've paid for this game, I've saved up all my materials since I already have almost every legendary skin I want, there's no reason for it to be this difficult should it? Community is what makes a game great, and good customer support is definitely part of the community. All I want is to have fun and play some apex, but instead I'm met with this extreme toxicity off of EA help for a simple fixable mistake. 

I'm sure whoever reads this can get the necessary logs and help me with my case. 

Yours sincerely,

Yorrick W.

Message 1 of 42 (980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Customer support rude and toxic.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @waluigidawinner 

From the situation, which you've described, I'm afraid we're in no position to help you out.

Just like it was already pointed out by other people in this thread, you allowed someone to access your EA account and openly admitted it, first to the advisor and now publicly on the forum. Despite this, you've created another case and lied to an advisor in hope to get a different solution. Lying to our support is never a good idea and can get you in even more trouble.

EA provides players with many methods of securing their accounts, from the most basic ones, like password protection, up to additional features like verification codes send to your mobile phone. If a player did not use them or allowed someone to access their account, we cannot take responsibility for that. Additionally, in your case, the "breach" was made from your PC and probably the same IP address, so there was no evidence of a hacked account there.

Apologies if that's not what you've expected from our EA Help, but in this situation, the responsibility for what has happened falls on you. Calling our support rude and toxic is unnecessary Additionally, some of your replies were offensive towards other users and got removed as well. Keep the AHQ rules and guidelines in mind when using our forum in the future.

I'm closing this thread since, as mentioned at the beginning, we're unable to help you, especially here on a public forum. The discussion under your post already turned toxic anyway.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (797 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@waluigidawinner
Your PC = your cousin = your problem.
Why support must waste their time, because of your fault? You allowed your cousin to play on your PC.

Message 2 of 42 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Your account should have been a log in or a password entry to get in. Even my PS4 has a pin number to get on my main account. 

Message 3 of 42 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@waluigidawinner   I do agree that it's not really  the games responsibility to reimburse these sort of scenarios. Especially as theres no way of verifying whether the situation occured or the OP was just a back track cause you decided you wanted a different skin ( not making accusations just playing devils advocate).

It does suck and i feel for you bud, however customer support using automated messages is highly aggravating i've been on the receiving end myself with various services and i feel it should just be eradicated...like how much time is truly being saved by using these messages?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 42 (934 Views)

@waluigidawinner At 11 years old your cousin knows how to operate a PC and play Apex, they obviously understand spending a relatives currency in game could be frowned upon by your relative as well.

So your whole story has absolutely no way to be verified.

And you say you "paid" for this game? The game is 100% free, it is a personal choice if you "want" a cosmetic to spend real money to support the game. You cannot pay for this game, you can only choose to support it.
Message 5 of 42 (906 Views)

★ Pro

As someone who works customer service, our attitude is a direct reflection of how you came at me most the time... 

Message 6 of 42 (904 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you have already gone throught the process of contacting support then I think you'll just have to ensure this doesn't happen again.

EA does have some advice on steps you can take to secure your account and PC including using strong passwords to secure your devices:

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Message 7 of 42 (893 Views)

★ Guide

Back in my day they'd delete the items and reimburse you, because that's part of their job.  It's called customer service.  What the f is wrong with you sycophants?

Message 8 of 42 (874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Cousin just happened to use all your currency right about the time the LTM dropped.

Think about it, customer service has seen this as buyers remorse.

Protect yourself, stop diverting responsibility. 

Message 9 of 42 (849 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had a similar problem with another game back in 2012, took me literally 1 e-mail and 2 minutes to sort it out. Now I get met with automated google translate messages by some outsourced support center in India most likely.

That's what we get when a platform as large as EA gets a hold of good titles. Who gives a * if they reimburse my crafting materials? do they lose money, no they don't. It's not like there's any value bound to the items in any kind, nor are they trade able. They are literally just for looks. You'd think customer support was there to help in any way they can, to maintain a positive image. But it's blatantly clear to me EA does not give anything about their playerbase, which shows. Imagine losing years of progress to a * up from my end which can be easily resolved within a few clicks rather then getting spewed the same automated message time after time. And amazingly have about the worst English grammar I've ever seen from a support center. I mean, this is literally google translate:

Could you please exactly elaborate the Issue what you want so that I can understand it well and be able to provide you a better resolution?

Not to mention the employee blatantly lying to me:

I would like to tell you that it's not possible because in game action can not be change because it's totally depend on the automated servers.

What the * is he on about with automated servers? That's the * point.

More lying:

i totally understand your concern, If i would be in your place i would have also raise this issue against it.If it would be possible i would have done it by now for you.

And more!:

I just can help you with the information right now as the in game is totally dependent on the servers and we can't do anything with that becuase it's automated and i know that you will understand this . If it would be i as i told you that i would have done it for you by now.

Let's patronize our customers a bit as well while we're at it!:

You seems to be intelligent and i know you get what it mean.

So I guess it's okay for a customer support employee to blatantly lie to customers then? If you think this is normal "support" behavior then you're delusional beyond doubt. And if he literally told me he would do if it it were possible, and it in fact IS then what's the issue? Just do it already and stop wasting me and the supports time, as surely they could spend the time on other people. 

As it stands I'm not returning to apex ever until this poor display of "support" get's resolved. 

Message 10 of 42 (837 Views)