Custom PS4 controllers, if you use one what brand do you recommend?

by OB1-The-Only-One

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Custom PS4 controllers, if you use one what brand do you recommend?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have been doing some research on custom controllers with back buttons. I also like the idea of being able to increase the tension on the sticks. I feel the stock sticks are way to loose and my aim is all over the place. Any information would be much appreciated on brands that you recommend.

Thank You 

Message 1 of 4 (477 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does anyone use a custom PS4 controller and does it help play?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Not to be rude, but I can’t understand you making another post on this subject.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Scuf-controller-or-other-3rd-party-setups/m-p/8925391#M...

The dead zones are a console specific issue.  Xbox and PS4 both suffer.  You can buy elite controllers, if you want, but they will only help with bunny hopping.  

Hair triggers only shave a millisecond of time off firing and it’s not enough to make a difference with the current state of servers.

Tension on stix throws off distance sniping but isn’t ideal for close range.  You can use tension on stix, however, the mechanics of the game call for compensation in your sensitivities (to counter the stix’ resistance).  As such, maneuvering/traversing the map and close combat suffers.

I can’t speak on rapid fire because that’s straight cheating and I’ve never tried it and since I like playing all characters, I find people who rely on bunny hopping to be cheesy/lame; I don’t consider that skill.  

I’m too busy for much time on the forums these days but will make a review of several controllers when I finally get time.

All due respect/trying to be friendly, making multiple posts of replicate topics you’ve posted before won’t encourage other people to post and in fact usually does the opposite.

If you want an elite controller, be prepared to practice a whole new style of gaming where all you do is try to take advantage of people with inferior paddles.  Also - you’ll want ping of less than 30 to really contend with the console try hards. 😊👍

EDIT: phone chopped off part of a sentence? 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Not to be rude, but I can’t understand you making another post on this subject.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Scuf-controller-or-other-3rd-party-setups/m-p/8925391#M...

The dead zones are a console specific issue.  Xbox and PS4 both suffer.  You can buy elite controllers, if you want, but they will only help with bunny hopping.  

Hair triggers only shave a millisecond of time off firing and it’s not enough to make a difference with the current state of servers.

Tension on stix throws off distance sniping but isn’t ideal for close range.  You can use tension on stix, however, the mechanics of the game call for compensation in your sensitivities (to counter the stix’ resistance).  As such, maneuvering/traversing the map and close combat suffers.

I can’t speak on rapid fire because that’s straight cheating and I’ve never tried it and since I like playing all characters, I find people who rely on bunny hopping to be cheesy/lame; I don’t consider that skill.  

I’m too busy for much time on the forums these days but will make a review of several controllers when I finally get time.

All due respect/trying to be friendly, making multiple posts of replicate topics you’ve posted before won’t encourage other people to post and in fact usually does the opposite.

If you want an elite controller, be prepared to practice a whole new style of gaming where all you do is try to take advantage of people with inferior paddles.  Also - you’ll want ping of less than 30 to really contend with the console try hards. 😊👍

EDIT: phone chopped off part of a sentence? 

Message 2 of 4 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Excuse me I forgot I posted something similar. If I had a nice break down like you just did I probably wouldn’t have posted a new question...I’m not really trying to be friendly in making multiple posts its not any interest to me. my apologies again I should’ve maybe just asked a question about the tension!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (412 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OB1-The-Only-One wrote:

Excuse me I forgot I posted something similar. If I had a nice break down like you just did I probably wouldn’t have posted a new question...I’m not really trying to be friendly in making multiple posts its not any interest to me. my apologies again I should’ve maybe just asked a question about the tension!!!!

I am happy to break down anything you have questions about to any extent necessary; please don’t feel like a bother.

I wondered why you didn’t bump your other post and your reply explained that.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (377 Views)