Custom Arena Modes

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom Arena Modes

Hero

Is there any plans in the future for custom arena mode lobbies to play with friends? Be crazy fun to que up with friends and play with each other well against each other. 

Second quest is, is this already implemented on launch dont see any details on custom lobbies so figured id ask. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 18 (7,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Arena Modes

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC from what I have heard, they are working on making Custom lobbies available to everyone. It won't be available at season 9 launch tho.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (7,396 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC from what I have heard, they are working on making Custom lobbies available to everyone. It won't be available at season 9 launch tho.
Message 2 of 18 (7,397 Views)

Hero
@BaldWraithSimp Thanks for the information on that i must of missed it somewhere i did see the ranked thing.

Message 3 of 18 (7,391 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC Devs addressed this on Twitter somewhere, and The gaming merchant confirmed that it won't at season 9 launch on YT.
Message 4 of 18 (7,384 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC

Respawn has confirmed that custom lobbies will be introduced at the mid-season patch, but will only be available for Organizations running tournaments.

We probably won’t see that feature until the end of the year.
Message 5 of 18 (7,367 Views)

Hero
@Axs5626Sxa5001 ugh so us regulars don't get the option till season 10. Sucks but hey at least its being done.

Message 6 of 18 (7,364 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC

I have heard some people say that they might be hesitant to add custom lobbies because it will subtract a portion of players from the matchmaking pool (as these people will now be playing a lot of custom games).

There might be some truth to that. EA wants as many people in the matchmaking pool as possible. I think back to my Halo days; although I played plenty of ranked and social slayer, I spent a TON of time having fun with friends in custom lobbies.
Message 7 of 18 (7,352 Views)

Hero
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Oh im sure it could make a impact on que times and such. But this will be a eye opening player base who wants to play a different apex as well as the br style. Just a good indication that its time to break off to custom different game modes. BR is cool as is no need to add more to that imo. But the custom game modes would draw in so many players.

While i absolutely hate comparing games to apex i just look at CoD with its vast amount of game modes a lot a bit different from each other. Its BR version of the game is still booming as is the custon game modes. It would just be a player preferrence and the data they gather may show that majority are just tired of a BR apex and want new perm modes.

Message 8 of 18 (7,349 Views)

@Axs5626Sxa5001 Off topic but Halo Master Chief Collection just added a custom games browser and it is the most fun I’ve had with Halo in years. So fun to just jump into a game of Speed Halo, Prop Hunt, etc.

While there is not as much potential for fun customs in Apex I feel, still would be fun to do lobbies with just your own teammates, club, squad etc.
Message 9 of 18 (7,331 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MyName1sNotJohn

I agree man.
Not to link EVERYONE of my complaints to SBMM, but the “fun” is what I have been missing from Apex since they turned pubs into ranked.

I know for a fact that if Apex gave us custom lobbies, I’m going to end up playing a lot of it to mitigate the stress of pubs.

I mean, I played in a pub yesterday that had 7 squads on the final circle. SEVEN SQUADS! This is literally exactly how my Masters lobbies play and it’s just not sustainable as a player. I miss the variance. I miss the fun.
Message 10 of 18 (7,303 Views)