Currency Imbalance: Time vs Money vs Greed

by Addhocc

Original Post

Re: Currency Imbalance: Time vs Money vs Greed

★★ Guide

It tells you the probabilities right above where you purchase the packs, we don't need your chart.

Message 11 of 46 (540 Views)

★ Guide

@xoxoxoxo0000 wrote:

@odieman1231 wrote:

glad to see the forums are still riddled with crap. 

*Provide a free game that surprised the f*ck out of everyone with how well it was put together*
*Get b*tched at for not putting enough in loot boxes*
*Get b*tched at for price of loot boxes*
*Get b*tched at for the lengthy grind it takes to get what people want*

FFS....it's a free game and people are crying about the skins taking too long or costing too much to earn. 

So just because the game is free, no one is allowed to have any criticism?
I really can't agree with that, they went free to play because its more profitable not because they are nice guys who work for minimum wage just so we could all play a great game together. Its a fact that free to play games earn more than buy to play games in the long run.

But either way, even if we agree that we can let the ingame rewards slide, you are still saying that we shouldn't complain about the price of lootboxes which makes no sense.
I don't like being treated like an idiot, but it seems like that's what they think we are when I look at their ingame store. I really love this game and I would have spend over 60€ already for sure if it was more reasonable.

1) You are given a complete game, free of charge. 
2) You can get to max level, free of charge. 
3) They can charge $100 for a skin...its your choice to buy it or not. 

What I dislike are companies that release a game that is 50% complete, then charge you money to basically purchaser the rest of it when it releases. A basic person can download this game, grind out a few skins or items, play for 1000 hours and never spend one penny here. I think they can charge what they want. Its not like they kept the % of loot pack drops hidden or anything.

Message 12 of 46 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@odieman1231 Possibly the least constructive response possible on a thread that has math in it. Abstract bullets that attack the poster. F2P just justify or explain bad economics. I think its fair to say that none of us are opposed to microtransactions as long as they make sense. If the object is too make money to sustain live service it would be more ethical and profitable to offer a second option of purchase other than minerals. By far and large more people would purchase these options directly over loot box rng for minerals. Its pretty much common sense. 

Message 13 of 46 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MartenPhilip 100% Agree with everything you just said.
Message 14 of 46 (509 Views)

★ Guide

@Addhocc wrote:

@odieman1231 Possibly the least constructive response possible on a thread that has math in it. Abstract bullets that attack the poster. F2P just justify or explain bad economics. I think its fair to say that none of us are opposed to microtransactions as long as they make sense. If the object is too make money to sustain live service it would be more ethical and profitable to offer a second option of purchase other than minerals. By far and large more people would purchase these options directly over loot box rng for minerals. Its pretty much common sense. 

You are assuming your $18 purchase to be the case for everyone who has spent $18 on this game. To call that 'math' is a joke. Your results do not reflect everyone's as a whole. I spent $40 on Apex packs...was happy with the results. 

4x4=16. My response has math in it now so it is important. 

Message 15 of 46 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Odieman If youre comfortable shilling out that kind of cash good for you, youre a whale and the target audience.
Message 16 of 46 (501 Views)

★ Guide

I guess. Not a whale though. I just drop money periodically on games that feed my gaming habit. I'm sure I'll eventually drop more once more cosmetics release. Although I REALLLY REALLLLY want the All black Caustic skin.....

Message 17 of 46 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@odieman1231 I have no issues at all dropping cash to support games like this. However instead of supporting the RNG Wilson Lootbox I like the idea of targeted purchases so I can buy what I want
Message 18 of 46 (494 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
There are just skins relax. You are not forced to pay anything. Want legendaries? Pay or open the 45 apex packs till you reach max level.
Message 19 of 46 (483 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
There are games like it pubg that you buy the game you get crates and you have to buy keys with real money to open the crates and you whine about this game's currency that is free but yet has better gameplay than other paid or free to play BR games. Lol
Message 20 of 46 (481 Views)