Re: Cueing with Friends vs Cueing Solo

by hayhor

Original Post

Cueing with Friends vs Cueing Solo

★★★★ Pro

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in experience when curing solo vs cueing with friends, and honestly I think it’s the absolute worst facet of Apex Legends at the moment.

Unfortunately this is a result of SBMM. Cueing with friends pits you against opponents at the skill of the highest skilled player on your team and this makes the game a terrible experience if your buddies aren’t at your exact skill level. And even if they are close to your level, the matches feel like you’re in an MLG tournament.

Why are people so complacent with this? We have a game that is literally deterring/punishing people from playing with their friends and lots of people are ok with it because they are pro-SBMM.

I guess I am just genuinely shocked people aren’t  constantly bothering EA to address this. You can be pro-SBMM (in some form) and still seek tweaking/reform that won’t make the game absolutely miserable for a good portion of players.

Message 1 of 6 (283 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 So... what would you like? The game being geared towards the worst of the team? The middle way? Totally random?

Either way it’s gonna be unfair in some way. So might as well go with the highest common denominator.
Message 2 of 6 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Axs5626Sxa5001The teams are definitely averaged. I play with a high skill friend in duos who’s frequently doing 3k damage rounds. We definitely end up in lobbies that are hard for me. We only end up in the top tier lobbies if I’m having a really good night. Now if we play in trios with our other friend who’s frequently posting huge numbers, we end up in top tier lobbies no matter how I’m doing. 6+ pred trails from the drop ship and dozens of diamond trails. So there is some degree of averaging team skill going on.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (248 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Is that confirmed by devs? Me experience suggests otherwise, although I do definitely value your opinion on this and other threads.

I have been conducting a lot of SBMM research over the last two months over a variety of accounts in a variety of situations (solo, two man Premade, and full premade squad). I think you may be right regarding “some” averaging in the two man premade scenario, but it’s still pretty rough on my end.

Full premade (even if both my friends are new) will drop us in full predator/diamond lobbies— so your experiences mirror mine in this regard. It just gets me so mad.

If you have read any of my threads thus far you know I am against SBMM (for people over a certain experience level). But I will definitely settle for tweaks to the current structure. This game is getting close to unplayable for me.
Message 4 of 6 (229 Views)

@Axs5626Sxa5001 What kind of numbers are you posting this season? I'm just curious what your KD, average damage and win to games played ratio is. That'll give me an idea of what type of skill you have.

No it is not confirmed by the Devs. It's just based on my experiences. There is definitely a degree of averaging that goes on. Being new does not necessarily mean they are low skill. If they have been posting solid numbers they are going to end up in more difficult lobbies. The sampling for SBMM lobbies seems fairly low as well. I think its averaged based on your last 25-35 games. I have gone on 3-4 game win streaks posting huge numbers and almost immediately end up in harder lobbies.

I'm for SBMM, I'd like a system that provides a fun, competitive environment for all skill levels. A system that challenges them as well, moving them up into harder lobbies as their skill improves. This is an assumption on my part, but I think the Devs are actively toying with SBMM for two reasons, compile Data on different settings and searching for that sweet spot. Some place where the SBMM allows all players to find enjoyable lobbies.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (208 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex You have to add in the short term "form" based part of the sbmm equation too.
Message 6 of 6 (205 Views)