Re: Crysis 1 Controller Config - COD Style

by JUL10_aADR

Original Post

Crysis 1 Controller Config - COD Style

★★ Novice

I found a great config online that I based my personal controller config on. This fixed several issues I had with the original layout. Think COD.

-----------------------------------------------Button Layout:------------------------------------------------

PS/XB:

Main Buttons:

X / A = JUMP
O / B = Crouch (MUST HOLD)
△ / Y = Weapon Cycle
☐ / X = Reload

Bumpers:
R1/RB = Throw Grenade (Tap), Switch between types (Hold) | Zoom-In for binoculars
R2/RT = Fire/Shoot
R3/RS = Melee / Throw
L1/LB = Nanosuit Modes & Weapon Mod | Zoom-out for binoculars
L2/LT = Zoom / Scope
L3/LS = Run (Must HOLD)

DPAD:

Up = Prone
Down = Cloak (Quick hotkey)
Left = Weapon Fire Modes
Right = Binoculars

Start = Map
Select = Menu (Tap), Objectives (Hold)

Sticks are as expected Standard smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save Location:

Your actionmaps.xml file is located in: (If you've started the game once):

\Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles\default\

***NOTE: Unlike other games YOU CANNOT, I repeat YOU CANNOT make the file "Read only" as it will cause CTD. The game does not edit the file, unless you edit keyboard buttons.***

Download - Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11MQBFiSOOwlUkniYpOpIgG0ceccZuXae/view

Let me know what you guys think

Thank you.

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 8 (6,423 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
thank you very much friend, I had already resigned myself to playing with the horrible predetermined controls, you are a genius, I searched and did not find a solution thank you very much brother

Message 2 of 8 (5,651 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad to help! maybe the Crysis HD Remaster will allow better options Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (5,553 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hello, how are you, by the way, have you had the opportunity to try the crysis remaster? I have doubts about whether to buy it for pc
Message 4 of 8 (4,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey man, I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you could help me. See, I downloaded your file from the Google Drive link provided, and put it into the profiles folder in Documents, but I'm still using the default controls. I even put it in the folder for the other profile I've got. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 8 (4,659 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Starbot1226 Hello, you must go to documents-my games-crysis-profiles-default- and then eliminate actionmaps.xml file, after past the actionmaps.xml you downloaded here, i hope it's helps you
Message 6 of 8 (4,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Delete original actionmaps file from documents, put in new one, and we're done? That's what I did! It's not working out, I'll resign myself to using the keyboard ig. Thanks for trying though.

Message 7 of 8 (4,426 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Starbot1226 Hello, look, I download the file that FPluspsn left, like this, now you go to the folder where your games are saved, NOT the game folder, generally it is: "Documents / My games / Crysis / Profiles / default".
This is how it appears to me in the version of the Gog store, now you must have a game started even though it is the first checkpoint, because if you don't have any checkpoint or any save point, the file is not there yet and there is nothing to replace, now when you are already in: Documents / My games / Crysis / Profiles / default there is a file called "actionmaps.xml" delete it and after deleting it paste the file you downloaded in exactly the same folder, check the properties and make sure that the box "read only" this UNMARKED and ready will work perfect with an xbox 360 controller.
It does NOT work on crysis warhead, only original crisis, for crysis warhead use this one: https://www.moddb.com/games/crysis/downloads/crysis-warhead-controller-configurations-with-hold-ads-...
According to the page it should also work for the original crysis (the link) but I only tried the latter with warhead. Anyway I recommend the mod on this page more, it is very well done and it is much more comfortable and natural
I hope I have helped you and greetings.
Message 8 of 8 (4,066 Views)