Re: Crypto...yeahh...I need a buff

by Jem450R

Original Post

Crypto...yeahh...I need a buff

★★★★ Novice

Crypto needs help...

He is used more as a defensive, passive player than an offensive tracker. (And he's way to cool for that)

Ideas:

1. Be able to set a waypoint for the drone to go to while also pinging any enemies it sees in its path.

2. If you kill an enemy within __ seconds of being ping' ed by the drone, it decreases the EMP cooldown.  

3. A directional beacon should flash up on the map when crypto pings a banner in which direction the enemy(s) is. ( Which would increase the amount of time between ping' ed banners)

4. Decrease the EMP detonation time. 

Message 1 of 9 (522 Views)

★ Guide

His drone gets shot in under a second by most teams even with the "buff". He has nothing to offer the team when his drone is down. 

He shouldn't take damage or stun when he uses his ult.

His drone should be able to scan through buildings while ult is being deployed and track enemies for 4-5 seconds. 

Message 2 of 9 (513 Views)

★★ Pro
@Minister_WinWin After maining him in S4, I can say he's an absolute beast and a valuable asset to a team if you know how to use him. Imo he doesn't need any more buffs, just invest some more time into him, you won't regret it.
Message 3 of 9 (471 Views)

★★ Expert
@Extremejinks I agree, although he could use some tiny buffs. He doesn’t really need them, but they wouldn’t push him into being too strong.
Message 4 of 9 (442 Views)

★ Pro

He could be removed and thatd be a start...

Ive never played with a crypto that brought anything to help the "team" hes usually lagging way behind, looking instead of moving... i guess if you like to play circle? Camp? But nah, move, shoot, kill! 

Message 5 of 9 (413 Views)

@Extremejinks Agreed he’s just one of the hardest legends to play. But when I run across a good crypto he is OP. That drone gives me anxiety. I’m either going to get EMP’d or rushed as I reload from shooting it down.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 9 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrexIf a good Crypto would be OP pros would run him.
He needs a passive, something that gives him an advantage without the drone.

Message 7 of 9 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have met only one good crypto teammate in Apex so far. He was really good at maximizing the usage of his drone. He used his drone on the fly mostly, taking out the drone and then backing out in <5 seconds, he even did it while moving in the open(quick peek in the drone's POV while he was sliding, etc). He pinged the enemies, while I did my part of staying close and downing enemies with Kraber Tongue out. And it never felt like I was fighting 1v2 cuz he was always there when I was engaging the enemies.

Most of the rando cryptos take a minute to scout while standing in the open and leaving teammates in a 2v3/1v2, watching you die with a fancy looking flying camera and then take your banner with the drone to make it look like they are doing something for the team. 

Message 8 of 9 (341 Views)

★ Expert
@budzai I'm pretty sure there's more to pro picks than just OP = pick.
Message 9 of 9 (337 Views)