Re: Crypto Tips and Tricks

by Jem450R

Original Post

Crypto Tips and Tricks

★★ Expert

I just recently got to playing season 3 and wanted to open a discussion on how best to use Crypto as I noticed my teammates rarely used his drone to spot or distract enemies but instead just ran up to the enemy or did not spot them at all.

So please drop how you use him to his best ability so that we all may bathe in Cryptos glory.

Personally I use his drone to watch my teams backs by placing him around a corner or right above an area behind us so that the drone marks enemies as they walk by. Another thing I love to do is place the drone close to an enemies deathbox after I kill him so that my team will be notified when they come back to pick up their teammates banner. Pretty much I like placing the drone in one area and letting it do its thing. The call back feature is pretty nice in case I need it to pop an EMP blast around us. 

Message 1 of 8 (638 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

He is like the ultimate support character, and he is extremely good. Problem is, people want to use him aggressively. To get the most output out of him, you need to be providing drone support as much as possible and not fighting as much. I can see a lot of people getting deterred from him since everyone loves to push push push. Should be a stud in ranked though where people want to use cohesive strategy and not just hold forward. 

Message 2 of 8 (626 Views)

★★ Pro

I agree. ^^

If used correctly, he can help a team big time. I had one teammate who used him well. Camped behind a box and highlighted close enemies, and my other teammate and I got the jump on them. You can really take advantage of a team even if it's 3v2. 

Message 3 of 8 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]

the problem is not being too aggressive or not. Newbie cryptos are relying too much on the drone, so they lose focus and they don't listen to sounds anymore and reaction is slower because you log in log off, you're always late behind. Rely more on your instinct, and use drone as secondary, you don't need drone to know where people are.

Message 4 of 8 (562 Views)

Some of my tips and tricks.

When you don't know if Crypto is in drone mode just check the bottom right.

If the drone is displayed he is currently scouting with his drone.

So you know when he isn't able to move.

Crypto using his drone 

Crypto-drone.png

Normal Crypto

Crypto-no-drone.png

The drone can always be destroyed.

When you see the drone charging his EMP, try to at-least hip fire to the drone.
The EMP will not go off and his drone will be on cool down.

Or just do as this player, drop your armor when you see the EMP go off.
Twitch - How to counter Crypto's EMP

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 8 (545 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Thank you. Good stuff
Message 6 of 8 (499 Views)

★ Expert
@DavidW74 Crypto players also seem to forget he can pick up banners from downed teammates.
Message 7 of 8 (494 Views)

★ Pro

We dont forget... more like its super hard to recover with the drone being a one hit wonder...  get close to box and blammo its over lol

Message 8 of 8 (463 Views)