Crossplay

by CloudMcRip

Original Post

Crossplay

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Question:
How will Crossplay work?
Will people have to opt in to Crossplay or have people to opt out of Crossplay?
Is Crossplay only limited to VR mode or multiplayer aswell?
Are you forced to use Crossplay or can you play multiplayer without Crossplay?
Can you decide with which platforms you want to Crossplay or are you forced to have Crossplay with every platform?

My personal opinion:

Crossplay is great if you want to play with friends but Crossplay should never be forced to use so let the player choose if they wants to use Crossplay or not. Best decision would be  that players have to opt in for Crossplay and also have the choice with which platforms they want to crossplay.

Message 1 of 5 (472 Views)

Re: Crossplay

★★★ Apprentice

I would go with, you don't get an option.
I think it might be like War Thunder, in which you have an online account and it can be accessed from multiple systems. for example my War Thunder account on PS4 is the same as the one I use for PC.

Message 2 of 5 (424 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@The_Hopfot That isn't Crossplay, that's cross save which isn't the question here.
Message 3 of 5 (391 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@CloudMcRip wrote:
@The_HopfotThat isn't Crossplay, that's cross save which isn't the question here.

If I can load up the same game on a console and play with 2 other people, one is on a different brand of console the other on a PC. That is Cross-play. And yes, I suppose it is also Cross Save, which I like the idea of too.

Message 4 of 5 (370 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@The_Hopfot You are right I missunderstand you. Back to topic, I am not asking how "Crossplay" works because I know how Crossplay works, I am asking how Crossplay works for Star Wars Squadrons, how the player will be affected. That's a question which can only CM's or Devs can awnser.
They said cross-plattform, okay but I am on console and I don't want to play with PC player's... the question is now is Crossplay required for online play or can you fully play the game with short loading times without Crossplay?
Message 5 of 5 (348 Views)