Re: Crossplay

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Crossplay

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, first off I know I'll have people saying, "Oh he's on M&KB complaining about console players.... here we go again..." However, that's not the main point. To complain. As someone  who has played on both PC and Console, I know how strong aim-assist can be and I how OP it is in CQC because no matter how good my movement is on PC I still get ripped to shreds... All I want is an option to turn off cross-play like you folks on console can.... It's not a lot of fun having a great game to then have it ended by a sweaty Octane with Spitfire on controller....

Message 1 of 7 (309 Views)

Champion

That's fair, it should be an option. I think the only reason it isn't is because it'll kill pc crossplay instantly if they add it lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (297 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MrDef3ctive 

Oh, yes PC should have the ability to disable cross-play in my opinion. Most PC players I know don't want consoles on PC. It's nothing to do with the use of controller, it's mostly because of the extra aim assist console players have.

I would honestly pay for something like this. Just to be able to play Apex Legends with PC only players.

Message 3 of 7 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Popa2caps

i only play pc with controller the ps5 controller.

i get carpal tunnel syndrome when i play with m/k on pc. i have to keep lifting my mouse every few seconds for hours and it hurts me after a while.

if i d didnt have to keep lifting my mouse to turn a full circle then i would play m/k but right now to turn a full circle with m/k i have to lift my mouse which hurts my wrists after a while.

thats why i stopped playing csgo.

Message 4 of 7 (274 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@gg123xyz 

If I play Apex Legends with my wired mouse (Logitech G502) I use a DPI of 800, polling of 1000hz and ingame setting of 2.3 at a resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 144hz. I get what you're saying. My issue currently using a mouse & keyboard is having the right setup.

Like for example my desk (RTA Studio Desk for producing music) is very VERY low to the ground because the wheels broke some years ago. Plus I can't stand wired mice anymore, so I'm looking for a Logitech G Pro Wireless.

I do get what you're saying by needing to pick up the mouse, but I don't aim with my wrist, I use my arm.

Message 5 of 7 (253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag Perhaps, but the number of times I see squads where it's PC, PC, Console or PC, Console, Console, tells me there's enough people wanting to play cross-play that I don't see it dying off super quickly...
Message 6 of 7 (229 Views)

★★ Pro
@Popa2caps my mouse arm lays flat on a gripping surface that grips my forearm and makes shifting it difficult.

how do you keep your forearm from touching anything so it can move the mouse?
Message 7 of 7 (216 Views)