Crossplay should have been only between PS5 and Xbox SX/S

by DanielRicciardo

Original Post

Re: Crossplay Console V Console Only

Nothing is set in stone - Apex has a type of PC opt-out for example so we'll just have to wait and see

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 10 of 931 (1,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy Yes I’m sure eventually they will make that change however I’ve been around since the first BF and we all know that launches have been rocky putting it mildly with the exception of BF1. So why wouldn’t they add an option that’s clearly going to cause them grief without doing so.
Message 11 of 931 (839 Views)

@CptDuffy i would also like it to see the option to Opt-out only from Cross-play with PC and still be able to stick with the Xbox players.

But as it's been confirmed for now is that it's set like "All or nothing".

So at this point we have to wait and see if any changes are coming for this.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 12 of 931 (798 Views)

Crossplay should have been only between PS5 and Xbox SX/S

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

1. DICE you guys have made a huge mistake by forcing PS5 and Xbox SX/S players to play with PC players. When I disable crossplay I cannot find lobbies anymore, so the console playerbase has to forcefully keep on playing with PC. 

2. Apex legends has been an inspiration for the BF2042 developers, but Apex legends only has crossplay in between consoles, i.e(PS4,PS5 and Xbox SX/S, Xbox one). So DICE now you know the console playerbase has been suffering a lot by playing with PC players. 

3. I highly suggest adding console only servers for PS5 and Xbox SX/S. This would benefit a big chunk of players like myself who do not want cheaters in their lobby and do not want to sweat their balls off every time they play BF2042. 

Thanks I hope you will listen to this feedback.

Message 13 of 931 (2,095 Views)

PS5, Aus, crossplay off = no servers

★★★★★ Novice

Dice, there's no servers to play on in AU for PS5 with crossplay off. Constantly stuck in waiting for players screen to join before being kicked back to the main menu after a few minutes regardless of the game mode - this is beyond a joke for a online only multiplayer game

And before anyone suggests to just "turn on crossplay", that shouldn't be the answer. PC has a distinct advantage with accuracy and response times with keyboard, mouse so it's not a level playing field.

Remember Dice; you said:

from: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-Announcements/Battlefield-Briefing-Welcome-to-2042/m-p/1041559...

"As a multiplayer-only experience, it's important for us to let you play Battlefield 2042 when and how you want," 

"AI soldiers are used for server-filling capabilities, ensuring your matches remain full, no matter your location."

so where are our servers?

Message 14 of 931 (2,079 Views)

Re: PS5, Aus, crossplay off = no servers

★★ Guide

I need help. I am on PS5, Brazil. I can never play with the crossplay off.

I'm desperate. I haven't played since 11/12

Thanks

https://youtu.be/fNUtdbuRMSE

Message 15 of 931 (2,033 Views)

Re: PS5, Aus, crossplay off = no servers

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am from Brazil too and I am having the same problem. I cannot find any game if I turn off the crossplay. If enable 90% of the players are PC. 

I am playing on Xbox Series X. 

Message 16 of 931 (2,007 Views)

Re: Crossplay should have been only between PS5 and Xbox SX/S

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 17 of 931 (2,000 Views)

★★ Guide
@DanielRicciardo I totally disagree with your 2nd point but agree on the 4th.

There are a massive amount of players who wants to play with pc-players but in the current state of the game it's impossible bc there is'nt any support for mouse and keyboard, that's why so many here advocate the support of MnK, BUT only for crossplay so it's fair
Message 18 of 931 (1,998 Views)

★ Expert
@DanielRicciardo Wow so they don't even have servers if you turn it off? This at least worked in the beta, even if you'd find some bots. Speaking of, maybe they are having issues with bots. Anyone seen any?
Message 19 of 931 (1,990 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help