Crossplay on/off please?

by l-G4rr3tt-l

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Crossplay on/off please?

★ Apprentice

Like the title says, I never wanted crossplay to be a thing for me honestly, I was fine when I could set it off, but now on PC it's forced, I cant disable and it's honestly annoying, call me m&k cry baby w/e the fk u want, I played on pred lobbies for almost 6 seasons now and nobody, ever, not even aceu, beamed me down for straight 225 hp or more in less than a mili second like controller players do, Im straight tired of dying ONLY and PURELY to controller players 1 magging me cus of their broken * aim assist which they think it's balanced, If you guys gonna force crossplay at least tune it down, since apparently controller players are sure it's their skill and not aim assist, it wouldnt hurt to tune it down a bit right? I tried controller on pc and the first matched I played I literally dropped 17 kills and I 1 magged the * out of everyone, I dont think it's balanced at all but w/e, at least I just want an option to turn that * off. It's not fair controller players get to decide if they want to go on PC lobbies or not and we cant. 

Message 1 of 16 (819 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crossplay on/off please?

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Because the devs are clueless? And now half their comp scene is controller players so they can't segregate by inputs even if they wanted to.

How did they even think it's a fair fight for both sides? No matter how you justify 'PC has X advantage and Controller has Y', it isn't and never will be. It's mind boggling really.

View in thread

Message 4 of 16 (777 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@l-G4rr3tt-l What do you mean you can't turn off on PC anymore ? Is the option to turn off gone now ?

Message 2 of 16 (791 Views)

Champion
@l-G4rr3tt-l Is the difference from console aim assist vs pc controller aim assist that much better?

I really don't get why they dont segregate by inputs. That's how Warzone does it.
Message 3 of 16 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Because the devs are clueless? And now half their comp scene is controller players so they can't segregate by inputs even if they wanted to.

How did they even think it's a fair fight for both sides? No matter how you justify 'PC has X advantage and Controller has Y', it isn't and never will be. It's mind boggling really.
Message 4 of 16 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What the F are you talking about? Noone ever beamed you with r99? You must be playing training yard all time...

If you cant outshoot consosle players with aim asist then you prob are bad at aiming? Have you ever played on console to see how the aim assist works? It doesnt work that hard for long range, and even from close combat it * up your aim cose of targets that are on the ground.

Maybe the console player you lost to is playing with mouse and keyboard? Its also possible, as my friend does that. 

The aim asist doesnt make that big of a advantage that you are saying. 

Edit: Crssplay is disabled by default isnt it? I have PC crossplay only if i have someone on my team from pc. 

Maybe on PC you have no choice, if there is only one squad of console + PC in queue than you can be placed in that lobbie,  cose they wont wait till every team has at least one console player.

Message 5 of 16 (769 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes aim assist actually messes you up, one opponent runs across the screen lets call him A and then B runs across the screen who you didn't want to shoot at activates aim assist and moves your aim making you miss both targets because you were focusing on A, had this happen a few times, so i turned it off, using a controller.
My k/d  .31 ever since cross play was activated before i was basically a 1.0 okay okay... .81

I never play with a team and always the random, I get comments like get good, insult insult insult... then i'm like i'm way over lv 500 don't think my game will improve...( i don't say this out loud)
It's fusterating sometimes,

The last time i died, i was with rampart i set up a turrent on a little bridge trying to cover my teammates who were being attacked I got one down, and my teammates left me and i was killed from behind, then i got depressed and was like why did i bother trying to protect them, eventully just started playing solo with the car and snipping... If you hate randoms, just try playing as one because you play with little kids or rebelious teenagers, the odd nice fellow and trolls...   

Message 6 of 16 (750 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp Yeah but I'm confused why he is blaming crossplay for this? Players on PC use controllers too so crossplay isnt the cause.

Last time I played with a PC player I got annihilated every game by strafe spammers. It was nuts.
Message 7 of 16 (726 Views)

★ Apprentice

console aim assist is 20% stronger, they made it that way since consoles can run the game at only 60 fps, but not every pc player is imperial or nicewigg or pro's that run the game at 144 or more, I got to pred and got my badges n * playing on super laggy servers cus my region servers are insane *, and im at 60 hz still, so when fighting close range to console players I have nothing but disadvantages and in a lapse of which i peak for even half a second, since my monitor refresh rate is at 60 it looks like i peek for longer for them (in some scenarios) and that fraction of second i take longer due to ping and refresh rate it's enough to get all my hp drained from 200 to 0, and that's not balanced at all.

Message 8 of 16 (719 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope, i got to diamond/masters/pred almost every season, and not even once imperial or any of those sweats beamed me from 200 to 0, not even once, neither squad wiped me and my teammates like absolute trash either, that's something that only was achieved by console preds.

Message 9 of 16 (718 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@l-G4rr3tt-l
I think only if you invite a console player then you play with other console players and pc players. All mixed.
If you play alone or with pc friends then it's always pc players lobby.
If pc players play with controller that's another issue because i think there is no input based matchmaking controller vs controller and m&k vs m&k.
Message 10 of 16 (711 Views)