Crossplay In-game toggle request for Xbox series X

by Sci0n

Original Post

Re: Why is crossplay forced on Xbox series X?

★★ Guide
@Sci0n Sorry, it seems you misunderstood my post. Providing a console built-in easy way to allow or block multi-player is nice and an advantage, if you really want to shutdown all cross-platform games. But this is not the topic here... just relaying on this privacy setting with the excuse "there is nothing else, we have use the privacy setting from Xbox" is from my perspective a lame excuse.
Message 701 of 1,193 (446 Views)

★★ Guide
@xXGugusseXx Yes, this is what I meant. Thanks for rephrasing. :-)
Message 702 of 1,193 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't understand why.

Why this is done this mind boggling stupidly on Xbox and right on ps5

Message 703 of 1,193 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Sci0nHalo is input based match making, like Apex, and this is also another solution that would be OK to use. But still, not the solution that Dice chose. In fact, they took the worse possible one.

FYI, even Gears 5 (en Sea of thieves apparently) have the crossplay option in game for ranked games. Both are first party games for MS. It has nothing to do with the stupid console war of PS vs Xbox.

Message 704 of 1,193 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Tylytysbecause such a system level option doesn't exist on PS5. That's why it's always in game for all the games that have crossplay. As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the problem would be exactly the same if PS had this system level option.

Message 705 of 1,193 (484 Views)

★★ Guide

Still being ignored after nearly a week this is fuckimg crazy they could easily come and tell us its either staying like this or we're getting a disable toggle. The silence is whats making me think this isn't going to change. Iv played battlefield for years since bf bad company 2. But I cant get on board with forced crossplay not a chance. 

Message 706 of 1,193 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@rizzo777Yes, this is really disappointing... Just another example, Halo Infinite MP and 343 Industries. More or less the entire world did complain about the battle pass and progression system. Remember, the MP Beta was announced and published on Monday, and today Thursday, 343i not only announced changes but also delivered an update to the progression system and challenge!

To be honest, this is what I expect from a AAA dev studio! Not an update within a few days, but at least an open communication with us players... 

Message 707 of 1,193 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@FrEaKCH82Exactly u need to give the fans what they want after all we are the people who pay for there games. 343 have done brilliantly in responding and changing so fast. Got to give credit were credits due.

Message 708 of 1,193 (420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@FrEaKCH82 was really disappointed when I saw the halo infinite trailer last year. 343i kept working on it, and now, although halo is not perfect, but I saw their efforts and their respect to the community. Maybe the old halo won't come back but I start enjoying the new halos. BF2042, I was so excited when I saw the trailer, but really, DICE "ostrich" EA?
Message 709 of 1,193 (416 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@rizzo777 I don't know that kind of s is happening with EA. What is the problem to turn off cross play from consoles to pc? Who think this is fair with consoles? What is the difficulty to enable mouse and keyboard like other games do? When should we wait for a simple fix?
Message 710 of 1,193 (391 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help