Re: Crosshair Reticle Is Hard To See - Is It Just Me?

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Crosshair Reticle Is Hard To See - Is It Just Me?

Champion (Retired)

Does anyone else have issues seeing their crosshairs/reticle?

The Problem:

When I use certain characters, their attack/abilities make it impossible to see the crosshairs and the reticle itself seems to disappear.  A good example of this is using Electric Slides’ primary fire.

Additionally, certain backgrounds (sand, stone, walls, sky, billboards, etc.) seem to camouflage the current reticle, as do certain enemies and their attacks (namely, Sir Baff’s fight was like shooting in the dark for me).

Proposed Solutions:

1. Add an option to our in-game settings that allows us to change the color of our reticles.

2. Add a hard-contrasting border to the current reticle.  This could be red, black, or neon colors (any) and as small as a few pixels wide.  

3. Change the reticle to a highly visible color not used else/that hard-contrasts the most colors used game-wide.

4. Make the current reticle dynamic so that it’s dark on a light background and visa versa.  While this option is my preference, I think it would require more resources than could be justified.

If anyone else has this problem, I’d love to hear more ideas about fixing it...

Message 1 of 4 (1,828 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I definitely lose the reticle at times. It doesn't 'pop' as much as I feel it should, it can be lost too easily in terrain. 

Message 2 of 4 (1,822 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with all you have said and I would also like to see an option to change the side it sits at, having it just on the right is ok if you want to shoot from a corner from that side, but if you want to shoot from a corner on the other side you have to move your char right out into the open, so having an option to switch the side it is on would help.

Message 3 of 4 (1,795 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Kexlar wrote:

I agree with all you have said and I would also like to see an option to change the side it sits at, having it just on the right is ok if you want to shoot from a corner from that side, but if you want to shoot from a corner on the other side you have to move your char right out into the open, so having an option to switch the side it is on would help.

Agreed.  The ability to pick left or right offset would be nice.

Message 4 of 4 (1,780 Views)