Re: CrossPlay is bad

by DrenMadre

Original Post

CrossPlay is bad

★★ Guide

Wtf is wrong with these devs insisting on allowing it??

Your anti cheat is awful you can’t even keep cheaters in line on PC so why would you try and include console into this hot mess??

Take a look at Warzone they’re up to their necks with noobs using Wall hacks/ Aimbots.

Message 1 of 30 (2,241 Views)

Champion

@GucciiWallet  If they're sensible there will be an "enable crossplay" setting in the options menu.

If they're even smarter they'll let us refine who we crossplay with, i'd happily play against xbox players but i'll never use crossplay if i'm forced to play against PC players due to the sheer advantage K&M has over controller and like you said PC is riddled with hack scrubs.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 30 (2,220 Views)

★★ Guide

Having Crossplay with selectable platforms would be ideal for for all of us.

Message 3 of 30 (2,175 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Same, just give Xbox and PS a crossplay option and be done with it, PC doesn't need to be included unless there's a controller only option
Message 4 of 30 (2,126 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In a PC player agree 10000% with not allowing console and PC to mix....too many damn cheats on our end, too many disadvantages on console

Message 5 of 30 (2,119 Views)

Champion

@DrenMadre 

I like your fairness. Standard smile

And, yeah, I am agree with you. Too many cheaters here.

It is almost unbelievable.

(Those cheaters are even NOT hiding anymore.

We can easily find them on PC. By their playing, attitude and name.)

Message 6 of 30 (2,085 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am a 43 years old PC gamer and I have never ever owned or will own a console. I love the fact that we can play games like Gears, Halo and such and keep them alive for so long since there are more platforms playing it. But, I hate playing with controller players I am so sorry. At least in gears 5 they are so so so easy to kill. I miss the challenge of going against M/K players. When I do go against them then it feels correct. They give me the challenge I want. So having said that crossplay is an amazing great idea. Keep it up. But, give us a filter to be able to play with people that use the same inputs I do. That way I can filter out anyone that's not M/K when playing pvp and allow anyone to play with me when I am playing pve or coop. But, not pvp. I, as a PC gamer, take pride in my kills and I am sorry to say this but I do not take pride in killing handicap players. Also even if the aim assist is as powerful as it needs to be to make the game easier for them then it is no different than a hack. I will not participate in a game that allows legal hacks and aim assist is in the end a hack. Don't want it in my world. It's enough with all the hackers we got to deal with as it is.

Message 7 of 30 (1,974 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sr_0V3RKILL i respect your words sir but i need to clarify something .
all PC player talk about console aim assist , as you said you never owned a console so take it from me ..... it's not how it looks like .
the videos you see on YouTube about the aim assist is all BS.
i have seen a video of two guys in firing range ,one aiming at his friend and the aim was following his friends ( Target ) movement automatically.
well all of that will be useless in live match ,it looks that powerful just because the target is super close to you but on few more meters away then you are on your own , you need to have a decent aim or you will hit nothing.
aim ASSIST is just helping you to stay on target just a little bit when your aim is actually ON the target and that is due to the fact that controller is bounded and can not use sticks to aim the same way as using a mouse.

Message 8 of 30 (1,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I only have experience on Gears 5 like I said. Or so I think I did. I have played against the controllers players in pvp and to me it is too easy and I mean no disrespect I swear. But, I know it is not the same in other games. For example I have seen a lot of people experienced on both trying out both admitting that in CoD warzone and Halo aim assist is very strong and a lot easier. To the point to be considered a legal hack. One of this people is Dr. Disrespect, Viss, vsnz, and some other streamers I've seen talking about it. But, my point is crossplay should stay. We shouldn't take it away cause it is a good thing for example when it comes to pve or coop. Not to mention that getting some of this games on pc too is a blessing. Also it keeps games alive for far longer since we have more people when you unit platforms. I just wish I've had a filter to filter out people by inputs they use. For example I love playing Horde or Escape on Gears 5 with whom ever. But, I get bored playing pvp against players with controllers. It's just not a challenge and I mean that with no disrespect.

Message 9 of 30 (1,949 Views)

@GucciiWallet You don't know what their cross play system is going to look like yet and you're already criticizing it. What if it has a opt in option? What if it has a console to console? option in which you can play with PS4 friend?

There might be some growing pains with it. Then again, EA and Respawn might pull it off flawlessly and it might be a big boost to the game. Having the ability to play with your friends who are on PS4 or Xbox seems like a good thing to me.

Cheating is a problem that's plaguing every FPS game I have played to date. EA also takes quite a bit of action against cheating, they just don't talk about it publicly because they don't want to give those who exploit various aspects of the game anymore information then they have to.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 30 (1,875 Views)