Cross play

by 02D4V1D09

Original Post

Re: Cross play

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EryxApex wrote:

Before things get too off topic, the issue is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with letting players from the different platforms play together if they opt in on crossplay with clear warning that there will be downsides to using controllers vs kb/m.

Even disabling xp/score count for crossplay, as long as people get to play together and have fun.

IF they want to do it that way, where on console you can 100 percent lock yourself into a CONSOLE only (not controller only) lobby that's a bit different.  Even better would be PS4 only, Xbox only.  Literally where the PC side could not even access the lobby. 

The advantage is right now there is no cross connection to exploit.  Literally no way to get a PC running on the PS/xbox network. 

If it's specifically the input device though, which is what is discussed the most...that's a terrible idea.  It will take about 10 minutes for the first download to be available to trick the system . 

Message 21 of 24 (360 Views)

@SixthOTD But that is not what this player is suggesting. This player wants to be able to play with his PC friends who do not have a PS4.

COD is trying the cross platform set up like you're suggesting. I have not bought the new COD because of it. I want to see how the game is doing in 6 months and see if there are issues. I have a feeling they are going to have a difficult time keeping them all separated among other issues.

Mouse and Keyboard players are already on xbox and they are already starting to ruin some games. BFV comes to mind, you can always find a few mouse and keyboard players on just about every server. Half the time that i played that with randoms you can literally hear someone pounding on their keyboard buttons. It's rather comical and sad all at once.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 24 (345 Views)

The pc players on Fortnite are very obvious with their superior multitasking, but saying that I enjoy playing on my xbox with my son on his pc/nintendo (as the case may be) and I would love to do the same with apex. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 23 of 24 (336 Views)

Cross-platform play on apex

★★★ Newbie

Love the game and the new season. It’s the only game I play. The only problem I have at all is cross-plat play. I heard things here in there about it MAYBE happening. This game is already amazing it’s just missing that cherry on top to me. Just please don’t cross-plat it to pc also. It’s just to much of an uneven playing field. That’s literally all I have. Love the game guys just please consider The idea🙏❤️. 

Thanks again

Message 24 of 24 (322 Views)