Re: Cross-play?

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Please make crossplay somany
Peppel ate asking fore it
Message 41 of 103 (2,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Iron_Guard8I agree we need cross play because others don’t want to waste 400$ on a Xbox and PS4 in order to play with their friends that’s just crazy. Pls let there be crossplay.

Message 42 of 103 (2,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@FlamingBro2445Or at least make the players able to move their game progress from PC to console. I have a PS4 but I won't start over with a fresh game account. I've already put so much work in my current one.

Message 43 of 103 (2,260 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't think Cross-Play should happen in some ways people are talking about here.

• Console players should not play against PC players due to control differences that might give PC players the upper hand, especially in PvP. Unless those PC players are using controllers, then the game would disable keyboard and mouse input altogether. (Console players should have the option not to be match made against PC players at all and that should be the default option.) <- I'm not sure about allowing PC players at all, no offense.. that is all because of hacking and using cheating software... Not accusing anyone here, but this is bound to happen at a point. And I'm not sure if PopCap can handle anti-cheating properly or have the staff to monitor all that like other games.
  • In lobbies, console players may cross-play with each other. PS4 and Xbox One as teammates or enemies.
  • If a console player wants to play with a PC friend or the opposite way around, they will join a PC lobby with them regardless of the mode.
  • Add an option for PvE (for OPs and future PvE Events) to be match made with PC players in the options. The same thing should be added to PC players "Allow console players for cross-play". If both of they have it checked, then they can play with each other.
  • Add an option for console players only that allows them to play against PC players in PvP modes if they ever wished to do that. By checking that option players should be notified that they will be match made against keyboard/mouse players and that they can report players for any foul behavior.
  • Players should have the ability to report others. (I'm sure that would be one of PlayStation's requirements because when a kid gets out of the PS platform with Cross-Play, they won't be able to report others for harassment/toxicity unless they were on PlayStation.)
  • Players should have the freedom to switch between platforms while having their progress carried on as @ippig mentioned.

With all that said, as one of the developers said in the last stream, it's a huge system that requires a lot of thoughts and considerations to implement well. The primary focus right now is bug-fixing and making sure this game is working on all platforms with no issues. And then comes the balance/Quality-of-Life changes.

And yes, this game needs Cross-Play because it's not free to play... And the number of players is significantly lower than, let's say, Fortnite...

Cheers,*1

* This is my own personal opinion to make it fair and square to all players. Not all players might agree with PC <-> Console PvP matchmaking. This happens in many gaming communities.

* Sorry if some of what I posted was mentioned elsewhere. But I just wanted to make it in clear points.

*1 PvZ 1's original composer's last music before she left PopCap. Unrelated to the topic, but I was listening to it while typing this.

Message 44 of 103 (2,254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

La mayoría de las personas tiene siempre esa idea errónea como tu, en un PVP te va a emparejar dependiendo tu dispositivo, ademas de que los juegos que ya tienen juego cruzado te dan la opción de desactivarlo si así lo deseas.

Por personas como tu las demás personas se hacen de ideas erróneas.

Message 45 of 103 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe in the future cross play could be added, hopefully. 

Message 46 of 103 (2,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 47 of 103 (2,165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Gonna add my vote for cross-play. I bought the game on my Xbox One mainly for my son to play. I primarily game on PC and I'd like to be able to play with him.

Message 48 of 103 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Pro

Cross Play would undoubtedly be a delight, but there are some problems EA might face, too!

Pros

- Brings the entire PVZ community together, friends across different platforms can play with each other using EA/Origin IDs 

- Updates will be easier to publish because the game files will be just one! EA won't have to spend hours updating each and every file for the different platforms. 

Issues EA may face

- Players complaining due to PC advantage over console

- Sony/Microsoft not agreeing to cross play with each other (however the use of EA IDs could resolve this) 

Every PVZ player would enjoy the feature of cross play, but we must be patient and remember EA might not get to add it!

Message 49 of 103 (1,949 Views)

★★★ Pro

Reflecting on what GammaX6 said, EA could definitely solve all the main issues with cross play 

- Players can freely choose which platforms they play against 

- An effective cybersecurity system. Monitored player reporting and also bots to detect corrupt code/files and exploits PC players can use. (Fortnite use this system and exploiters are a 1 in a trillion sight) 

- Use of EA IDs for cross play 

Let's just hope EA attempt these if cross play becomes a thing. 

Message 50 of 103 (1,943 Views)