Cross-play keyboard/mouse support for console

by Chemex74

Original Post

Cross-play keyboard/mouse support for console

★★★ Newbie

When cross-play launches for Apex Legends in October 2020, will Xbox console players be able to use keyboard/mouse as input method?

Message 1 of 6 (1,368 Views)

Re: Cross-play keyboard/mouse support for console

Champion (Retired)
Hi @Chemex74

I think that would be down to Microsoft to make that decision on their console.

I’m a PC player and I play Warzone cross-platform and I still get wrecked by console players a lot of the time; they have good aim assist that makes a big difference imo.
Message 2 of 6 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Carl!

I play Warzone and Fortnite on console, with KBM.....when you have those plugged in....there is no aim assist. Only on controller is there aim assist.

thanks for the reply.....I’ve been a PC gamer for years but got a console to play with friends. I’m terrible on controller tho. LOL

Have a great night!

Eric

Message 3 of 6 (1,351 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Chemex74 I’m not sure you’re supposed to use Kb/m on console atm so be careful what you play to avoid bans. But yes you lose all aim assist if you don’t use a controller.

I can use both but Kb/m just feels so much better to me Standard smile

Happy gaming!
Message 4 of 6 (1,349 Views)

★ Novice
@CarbonCarl This isn't up to Microsoft. Microsoft allows any game to be played with mouse and keyboard, the support depends on the developer to add the ability to do so. I too am expecting EA/Respawn to allow mouse and keyboard compatibility to Apex Legends.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-says-developers-decide-whether-mouse-keyboard-adapters-can-used-xb...
Message 5 of 6 (1,218 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DrBlueTurtlex
Well that's good to know, thanks for the info.

I never did see any kind of official info on kb/m use other than long ago where they would ban Xbox accounts for people using the special connectors that would allow kb/m to be used in games; I guess that has changed in recent times with all the cross play coming to life.

Thanks bud.
Message 6 of 6 (1,214 Views)