Cross play is a lie! Not really cross play

by GalliumDeath

Original Post

Cross play is a lie! Not really cross play

★★★ Apprentice

So as I understand it, the only time a console player will play in a PC player lobby is if they invite a PC player to their team and que up. So there is no opt in or opt out as a understand it for console players. PC players can opt in or out not sure which yet to allow them to be que against console players if one was to choose to play with PC player. So basically all the hope us PC players had in maybe bring in fresh bodies to our lobbies is dead... so I can assume that I will continue to que with diamond, master and apex predators constantly with my season average KDR of only 1.54 which in my opinion is dog crap. So again SBMM pretty much has ruined the fun of the game for me because their algorithm is awful and there's not enough players on PC to cast a wider net... i guess this is a late night rant, but I am disappointed in hearing the news.

Message 1 of 15 (1,031 Views)

Re: Cross play is a lie! Not really cross play

★★ Expert

Technically it's not a lie, it's a half truth, which depending on how you look at it could be a lie or not. I'm thankful for opt-out because with my luck, my teammates would be console plebs vs. PC Predators. SBMM's hard enough, why make it harder?

I don't want fresh bodies, that's no better than cannon fodder. I think they should either remove SBMM and keep things completely random, or actually give us a solo mode. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,004 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GalliumDeath Where did you get this info from? Did they elaborate on specifics already?
Message 3 of 15 (962 Views)

Champion
@GalliumDeath It's not so surprising really, considering the differences between PC and console.

The fact that Ps4 players can play with Xbox players (and possibly switch players) without being matched up with PC players is great news for the console side of the community.

It's possible that if Respawn ever perfect their anti-cheat software then we may eventually see a fully unified player base but until then I guess PC players will have to make do with just having the occasional console player in their lobbies.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 4 of 15 (917 Views)

★ Guide
@GalliumDeath Good, keep the hackers out of the console lobbies.
Message 5 of 15 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@IDTAKEN192000 we want to share
you can have the furries, weebs, and cheaters
we'll take the vape lords
Message 6 of 15 (822 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q Jake Mullin the software engineer from EA said this, and he said for console "you should be excited not worrying" then he explained everything about crossplay
Message 7 of 15 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q if u look on my post you gonna see that I said same thing yesterday
Message 8 of 15 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@GalliumDeathIf it makes you feel better your KD seems good to me.

Message 9 of 15 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Elamami3440 Thanks for the update. Yea! Screw pc! Now I can keep dominating whenever I plan to play again without worrying that some punk 7 year old who just finished potty training has to wallhack and aimbot to kill me!

Prematurely a well done is in order Respawn!
Message 10 of 15 (749 Views)