Creepy and Cute not working with the dlc bought on steam and origin?

by xemitheidiot

Original Post

Creepy and Cute not working with the dlc bought on steam and origin?

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the c&c parts pack via steam and I used the keys for it as well as the base game on my origin account. I've got the online working, but I can't get c&c to work. I verified the files on steam and repaired the files on origin but the dlc doesn't work; instead c&c creatures appear ingame but with blocks instead of the c&c parts and messed up pallets for the c&c colors. This was happening before I got the dlc( which is weird because I thought that dlc creatures don't appear if you lack the dlc), and it was the main reason I bought it. 

For a background I had files already on this pc from a legacy account, but I forgot the password and lost the email and then I bought the game on steam. The game is working perfectly fine besides the prior mentioned bugs, but the broken aesthetic really hampers my enjoyment of the game. I also had Galactic Adventures, but I haven't re-bought it and it doesn't seem to be having any issues without GA installed.

The main fix I want help with is the ability to use c&c parts/ see c&c creatures. Is there any solution for this?

Message 1 of 7 (2,003 Views)

Re: Creepy and Cute not working with the dlc bought on steam and origin?

Community Manager
@xemitheidiot To confirm are you running the game off Origin or Steam? Also, are you using any Mods with Spore?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I mostly run off steam, and I have no mods installed( that stuff's too tricky for my brain lol)

Message 3 of 7 (1,964 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having the same problem on my laptop. I am running the game through Origin. The C & C parts were working then about a month or two ago, all of my creations using those parts are now locked. I also run Spore through Origin on my PC and I don't have that problem at all.

I did not purchase anything through Origin because I still have my original game codes and was able to get Spore, C & C, and GA put on a new laptop after my old one crashed. I am not sure if this is has anything to do with the C & C problem but this seemed to happen after the 20H2 update on my laptop. My PC also has the same update but C & C works.

Message 4 of 7 (1,957 Views)

Community Manager

@xemitheidiot @FNCollier78 

I would recommend trying going through the steps below to see if the DLC 'unlock' or if this issue continues. 

• Check for Windows and GPU updates 
  • Repair - Origin | Verify - Steam 
  • Clear Origin Cache  
  • Allowing Origin/Steam and Apex through your anti-virus or firewall  
  • Run Origin/Steam and Spore as an administrator (by right-clicking desktop icons and selecting 'run as admin")  
  • Try Windows Compatibility settings  
  • Clean Boot   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 7 (1,922 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Illium 

Thanks, that worked for me.

I checked for Windows update and had a BIOS update but I don't think that had much to do with it. Next, I did the Repair in Origin and I did notice the C & C pack reload. I opened Spore and the locks were off my creations. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7 (1,885 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi all, after days of wrestling with this issue I found a simple solution that worked for me and has resulted in all packs being installed correctly without having to edit the directory or search for missing files.

Simply this:

You must install each pack separately and run it before installing the next one: install, load up, run and then close it down BEFORE installing the next pack.

Running after each installation completes the installation as files and directories are still being generated by the initial run process. 

If you install everything in one go and then load up the game will have essentially skipped some important steps.

Hope that makes sense and hope it works for all those having issues. 

Message 7 of 7 (277 Views)