Credentials expired

by ma77tonks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Credentials expired

★★★ Newbie

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

so I've not been on my PlayStation 4 for a while (Few months maybe)

Now every time I try to play an ea title such as ufc or fifa etc I get "CREDENTIALS EXPIRED" come up and it requests I change my password. 

Now.. I've scanned the QR code that displays on my screen which takes me to ea help to change my password. 

I have changed my password and still I'm getting credentials expired. 

I can log into my ea account with my mobile phone no problem. My ea access/play hub is active and in use so clearly my log in details are fine and my account is in use. 

When I log into my ea account via my mobile and go to connections I can see that my xbox is linked but not my ps4. 

So I do a little research into linking the ps4 and it says to go to the log in screen (via mobile phone) and instead of filing out email and password press the PS logo to link ps account. 

So I press on the ps logo and immediately it just says reset password again. 

Spoken to 2 seperate people at ea on the telephone and they say that the account linked to the ps4 has been deleted. I have not deleted anything and intact I don't think it's even possible for the user to delete, I belive ea themselves have to do this? 

Any how, they said you have to chage the password. So again I changed the password once more and again " credentials expired" 

So now I've tried changing my ps4 email, password and online ID in the hope that when I now go to start a game it doesn't recognise the new details but again "credentials expired" still! 

So I've tried making a brand new ea account with different/brand new email address, load a PlayStation game "credentials expired" 

Try pressing on the ps logo on the log in screen to link the ps4 to my brand new ea account created less than 5 mins ago and guess what "credentials expired" on a brand new account only just created! 

I am stuck in a NEVER ENDING LOOP of "credentials expired, please change password" 

Someone please help me before my head explodes! 

I purchased Battlefield 2042 last week and can't even get past the loading screen to play it!

I've even tried my old old email from years back just incase my ps4 ea account was linked to that one but when I enter that email address it says something along the lines of account not recognised so I presume I must have been linked to the one I've been trying all along. Especially being as my xbox was linked to that one and I'm confident I've always kept them aligned. 

Plus if I try log into my ea account using my psn ID instead of my email it logs me in to my account linked to my current email I've been using and trying to resolve the issue with. 

Literally no idea what else I can try and do and feeling utterly defeated! 

Message 1 of 5 (1,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Credentials expired

Community Manager

Hey @ma77tonks for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,650 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ma77tonks for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ma77tonks so how did you ended up fixing your problem?
Message 3 of 5 (1,344 Views)

Community Manager

You can speak with our live support if having an issue like the OPs @dmcordeiro.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ps4 need for speed old game havent played for awhile Having this reset password bs happing but when I typed in my username it says some random email that i have now idea who it is. I tried a new ea account finally got that to compute after having to change password 3 times now it won't let me link my ps account says it can only be done once in a lifetime if that's the case how is it linked to someone else's email. You say you can talk to someone on the help section I'm not seeing anywhere to contact anyone other then these faq areas this has got me so irritated I will probably never buy another ea game ever over this

Message 5 of 5 (867 Views)