Create a team and Create a player updates

by Mattdaddy517

Original Post

Re: Create a team and Create a player updates

★★★★★ Guide
@olavi4 "We can choose if the player has a visor or not." We can even choice tint of visor, but we can't choose colour of facemask in College helmet and Hybrid shield helmet models. Now facemasks colour is same than helmet colour. Normaly facemask colour is silver, white or black. Would be nice also choise visor to JOFA helmet.
Message 21 of 50 (849 Views)

★★ Guide

I've bought EA games since 1995 but I think I'll give up.

EA keeps making NHL game more and more unrealistic and arcade style with all kind of online stuff.

When old school offline gamers ask for some classic things, EA answers: "Sounds cool but that's not realistic."

Are you serious? 

Message 22 of 50 (836 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Players in HUT? I can play a game using the Alumni no helmet players without going into HUT. I can also create a season/franchise using the Alumni no helmet players without going into HUT. I can also setup a playoff using the Alumni no helmet players without going into HUT.

I don't see how the existing no helmet alumni players that come with the game are tied to HUT at all. They can be used in all sorts of modes.
Message 23 of 50 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hey @EA_Aljo ! I do agree that the game is focusing on modern hockey as it should. But they could do both worlds. I just say NBA 2K23 is going to have not just one but three classic "ERAS" where you can start a franchise mode with.

And... Standard smile

Depending on what era you start the logos, team rosters,floors uniforms are accurate to the era, original broadcast from that era,different commentary in the eras, authentic rules....

And you can still edit everything as you want, add expansion teams etc....

So its not about what is possible and what is not, 2K have proved that its about what kind of product the game company want to deliver to the costumers.

If EA would just open up fully edit all in franchise mode anytime in all their games, and actually make better creation options and not lock in som of the game modes, the game would actually by really good and everyone could make it fun for a hole year. Standard smile

Message 24 of 50 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@MV75 wrote:

Hey @EA_Aljo ! I do agree that the game is focusing on modern hockey as it should. But they could do both worlds. I just say NBA 2K23 is going to have not just one but three classic "ERAS" where you can start a franchise mode with.

And... Standard smile

Depending on what era you start the logos, team rosters,floors uniforms are accurate to the era, original broadcast from that era,different commentary in the eras, authentic rules....

And you can still edit everything as you want, add expansion teams etc....

😯

That’s been my dream for NHL for as long as franchise mode has existed!!!

428F4BC3-A22F-42B7-9CF9-EE5767539A6F.jpeg

Message 25 of 50 (746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate your response, 

I agree with all the comments but for the time being it would be very beneficial for EA and awesome for us if EA would focus some on revamping the creation zone. Giving us consumers the ability to at least create our own throwback teams. These alumni teams are redundant (Stu Grimson is on every alumni team) and missing a lot of great players like Paul Kariya, Russ Courtnall, Alexander Mogilny, Pavel Bure…Sergei Fedorov. I’ve been rockn with you guys since NLHPA 93 and I understand, well at least I think you guys are pushing the CHEL mode more so it can be a solid Esports contender??🤷🏽‍♂️.

p.s. 
my birthday is coming up hook a brotha up 

and give me some more logos to create teams

i made 34 created teams this year to mimic College hockey 

you want to see them?

Message 26 of 50 (691 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MV75 Omg imagine if we could have this in an NHL game. I'd be in heaven.

The people at 2ksports always had a great passion and respect for the history of the game. The old 2k hockey games like 2k5 and 2k8 had almost every jersey from NHL history, vintage arenas, gear, vintage teams etc. Sadly no one at EA cares about historic stuff, it's only HUT, lacrosse moves and clown gear in CHEL that get's attention. EA haven't even added a single vintage jersey to their game in more than 10 years. It's the exact same collection year after year, and still many iconic jerseys from the 80's and 90's that aren't in the game.

I wish just ONE guy at EA with any influence was passionate about nostalgia and historic rosters. 2k are light years ahead of EA when it comes to this, and have been for the past 20 years.
Message 27 of 50 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SvenArne123 and @MV75 It would be great, if we would get at least "reverse retro" jerseys and NY Rangers (home jersey) and Seattle Kraken jersey styles to team creation. That jersey styles are missing at game. "Reverse retro" jerseys was publish durring NHL 21, but EA has not added these jerseys to team creation . I can't understand why EA Sports not want add these jerseys to team creation.
Message 28 of 50 (625 Views)

Champion

I see the helmetless creation talk is still alive from the NHL 22 area forums.  It's amazing how you can't get such a simple answer as to why it's not available.  My theory still is they can't per the license allow you to make helmetless NHL players.  EASHL isn't really the NHL so it works.  You are better off asking for them to make a PC version of NHL because then you can just edit their files and force change yourself.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 50 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I agree until we get someone at EA that cares about the old rosters this is all well get. 

Message 30 of 50 (580 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help