Re: Create a team and Create a player updates

by Juhani_91_91

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo wrote:

@olavi4 

I think this would be great if there were a vintage season mode. Otherwise, helmetless players don't really fit into the modern day NHL. We'll just have to wait and see if anything is announced about this. 

That is not a reasonable take on the situation.  This is a quick 10 minute change being requested, it has no negative effects on anyone, and people here are stating that the one place that it could affect anyone other than the person utilizing it - ONLINE - it is already available.  This seems to be the takeaway by EA over the years, but it is patronizing - it is stating that EA could provide something  in demand, easily, but knows better than the consumer and so will deny it.  This would make sense if there was the potential for real world harm - if they demand the actual NHL have helmetless players there is a good reason to deny the customer because real people can get severely hurt and die.  However, there is no rational reason to believe this would translate into real world harm since it is virtual and we do not know these virtual players to be sentient nor alive.

The sensible thing is to make all players default to having a helmet, but allow the user to remove them.  If horribly desired, EA can go above and beyond and increase the potential injuries to the helmetless players, both in frequency and severity, though no one is asking for that.

Message 41 of 50 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo 

What situation with older skater- and goalie gears. I not mean now retro equipment, I mean goalie gears, which not found at NHL 22. In last info video I saw that you have added True 20.2 goalie gear set to NHL 23. Will you add to the game the following goalie gears:

- True L87
- True 20.1
- CCM Eflex 5
- Warrior Ritual G6
- Bauer Supreme 3S (stick)

These goalie gears has publish durring two last year. Would be nice if EA Sports could will add these gears to the NHL 23. Why EA Sports need always remove older Bauer's skater- and goalie gears of the folloeing version. For example many players use yet Bauer Vapor 2X skates, or another older Bauer's gears. Hopefully you can will add to NHL 23 more new gear for skaters and goalies and keep old gear in the game.

About alumni players, when  EA Sports publish new alumni players to NHL 23 , would be possible at same publish list about alumni player , which alumni players they have removed from NHL 23

Message 42 of 50 (467 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@VeronicatheCD Good point. It's weird why EA Sports can't add possibility create helmetless players. Need remember, that they haven't added all skater - and goalie gears to game during last two years Okay Covid-19 could be reason, but would be nice ,if they now could add those to game. Also is weird, that they haven't added "Reverse retro "- jerseys yet to the team creation.
Message 43 of 50 (454 Views)

Community Manager

@VeronicatheCD 

I get what you're saying, but this would not be a quick, 10 minute addition. Regardless, I don't have any new information on this. I've passed on the feedback and will let you all know if I have any news.

Aljo.png
Message 44 of 50 (371 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Well, that is something that I would need to have explained to me for me to believe. The helmets and players are already scripted separately, which is why we can see our players without helmets at times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nireOZxAlU

You slap in a button for the no sign, circle with a slash through it, that you already use for other things in the game (see mouthguards, visors, etc), have that return a value of 0, and then throw in a

if (player.helmetoption != 0) {

before the script to make them skate off the ice if they lose their helmet. Of course, you add the closing bracket at the end of that script. For someone familiar with the code, I cannot see it taking them the full 10 minutes.
Message 45 of 50 (361 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Granted that I may be early in on the Dunning-Kruger scale when it comes to programming.  I took it in high school almost 25 years ago and one course in college before the loss of conio.h and the professor's description of programming as translation made me lose interest.  There may be plenty behind the scenes that I am not considering - but unless those things are explained to me I'm not going to believe it.

Message 46 of 50 (354 Views)

Community Manager

@VeronicatheCD 

The feature itself is obviously already implemented in WoC. A lot of the hard work is already done so that saves a lot of time. However, adding it to other parts of the game means integrating it into those screens, making menus work properly, going through testing, etc. It's something that would take a lot more than 10 minutes. This is why I always say it's very rare something is quick and easy to add. 

Aljo.png
Message 47 of 50 (339 Views)

Champion
@VeronicatheCD It might not be in EA's hand at all to make it happen. Like the year they said legends would be in some offline mode and then weren't and an answer was never given as to why. Probably means they can't say blame the real NHL.

EA might get licenses to the NHL and brands but it doesn't mean they don't have limitations to them that they can't mention.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 48 of 50 (332 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Thanks for the feedback.
With the addition of Roster Sharing, being able to create helemtless players would be awesome for offline users and probably create some Viral videos with some of the rosters created.

We even got YouTube star The Hockey Guy to give his approval for this option.

https://youtu.be/_bPempbcMGw
Message 49 of 50 (307 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Fair enough if you are factoring in playtesting - that takes more than 10 minutes - but it is theoretically fixed in less time, verification that it was fixed takes more.
Message 50 of 50 (263 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help