Re: Crazy mode for a community challenge? There then gone

by jiponwheels

Original Post

Crazy mode for a community challenge? There then gone

★★ Apprentice

Couple of days ago I started the game and the community challenge meter was out and when I checked it had "Complete Crazy Mode in Garden Ops" as the challenge.  It required 225,000 to get all the chests and at the time there was only 2 showing as having completed it.  When I did a quest and came back the whole thing was no longer out as though there was no community challenge.  Anyone else have this to happen?

Message 1 of 9 (691 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the community challenge was accidentally sent out early, it should be up on Nov. 16.

Message 2 of 9 (686 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I see that it was up for a short while as another post "Crazy Event" was posted about the same thing.  I hadn't read that post until after posting this one.

Message 3 of 9 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The portal is officially live now and the number is exactly the same, but the progress is moving very slowly, only 7K out of 225K.

http://www.pvzgw2.com/community-challenge

Probably this won't reach the special item. Let see.

Message 4 of 9 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Do you have to win the whole 10 rounds to be qualified? I thought I was reading that each "completed round" counted towards it. I completed up to round 9, but was not able to beat 10. I think if it is required to win an entire game of crazy that many times for the community, we will definitely not make it. Just wondering if I miss understood, or if there is a glitch of some kind. Thanks 

Message 5 of 9 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, you have to make it out in the RV or blimp to rack up a contribution.

This challenge is ridiculous on several levels.  There's no way that even the blue chest will be opened.  75K would have been a reasonable goal for the red chest.

Message 6 of 9 (497 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@pandareno1999 So true. I’m used to the high stakes of community challenges. This one is definitely up there.
Message 7 of 9 (490 Views)

★★ Guide

It goes to show, EA/PopCap have not done their metrics study.

There is no way that these numbers are attainable for this challenge.

Message 8 of 9 (469 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Completely agree the bar was set way too high, I checked this morning and was at 30K.

Message 9 of 9 (458 Views)