Could use an explanation as to how I died...

by HamoHitman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Could use an explanation as to how I died...

★ Guide

I'm behind a wall and it's pretty clear at 4s in this clip that there is no chance I got hit by the final shot

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1100671814072705024?s=09

Message 1 of 12 (493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Could use an explanation as to how I died...

★★★★ Novice

Yup this is classic.  You turn a corner and get hit.  It's because from your enemies perspective you had not turned the corner yet.  Another example you may have noticed is you spot an enemy  and bam your dead.  It feels like you got 2 shotted...and died way too quickly.  What actually happened is from the perspective of your enemy he saw you, aimed, and mowed you down.  From your perspective he didnt have time to aim...he just appeared and bam your dead.  You are appearing to your enemy slightly faster than he or she is appearing to you.  Some players have a huge advantage because of this while others are unfortunately disadvantaged.  This is why you cant take these games too seriously. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (467 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Looks like a classic case of latency + hitbox.

You character model just like every other character models are surrounded by invisible blocks slightly outlining your character model. 
Within these boxes your model is build and rendered, Hitting inside of these boxes despite it being a hit in the model visual's will count as a hit. 
And I'm almost certain this is the case in your video. 

I made a quick sketch in microsoft paint to give an idea what a hitbox is. 
The green lines represent the hitbox and within them the model is rendered. 
It could be that a tiny part of your hitbox was still in their line of sight, besides that from your angle it might appear you're fully covered and behind the wall. 
But from their perspective a shoulder or a leg could still be sticking out and since you were on low health 1 shot would have killed you. 

hitbox explained.png

Message 2 of 12 (486 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Looked like the game glitched because of an "aimbot".

Message 3 of 12 (474 Views)

★ Apprentice

This game favors the shooter so if he is lagging and shoots you, the dmg will take a second to register even if you are behind cover. It feels bad but nothing we can do unless the work on their netcode.

Message 4 of 12 (468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup this is classic.  You turn a corner and get hit.  It's because from your enemies perspective you had not turned the corner yet.  Another example you may have noticed is you spot an enemy  and bam your dead.  It feels like you got 2 shotted...and died way too quickly.  What actually happened is from the perspective of your enemy he saw you, aimed, and mowed you down.  From your perspective he didnt have time to aim...he just appeared and bam your dead.  You are appearing to your enemy slightly faster than he or she is appearing to you.  Some players have a huge advantage because of this while others are unfortunately disadvantaged.  This is why you cant take these games too seriously. 

Message 5 of 12 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Or he technically killed you before you rounded the corner.. but with client side hit detection, low tick rate and strange lag compensation(giving the lagger an advantage) it will look like you were shot through the wall. It's essentially the server catching up to whats already happens. Was the same with PUBG. They will have to eventually add a ping lock or it will be manipulated& exploited.. just like PUB.

Message 6 of 12 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

You were shot in the arm that was protruding from the corner. You couldn't see him because your head was behind the corner.

I'd say limb damage is maybe too high in this game, but in this case you had just a sliver of HP left so even that doesn't matter.

P.S. Since he was standing much further from the corner (and moving in), he may have actually seen much more of you than just an arm before you even saw a part of him.

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFf6l--ow3g&t=0m52s

Message 7 of 12 (416 Views)

★ Guide

figured it was something of the lag nature but was more looking to whether this is client side or server side...not a computer wiz or anything but I know I avg between 10-30 ping. I also know if issues like this become common and accepted it will be a sure fire rage inducer and most likely cause me not play. I'm very fussy about dying due to uncontrollable variables such lag spikes or glitches or bugs or opponents with mods/scripts 

Message 8 of 12 (397 Views)

★ Pro

Something like this is sometimes the case of desync, but in your case it really is not. You can clearly see him come out the corner just miliseconds after the killing shot, indicating that you're quite well in sync and the reason you don't see him when he shoots the killing blow is the one I listed above. You can actually see the shot pretty clearly.

Message 9 of 12 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

These are frame by frame shots in order.. as you can see I'm dead before the bullet appears...I'm pretty sure it was NOT in sync

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1101046281903001600?s=09

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1101046320297594880?s=09

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1101046365357031424?s=09

Message 10 of 12 (372 Views)