Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Could Someone Teach me how to use Ranger Pulse Blast?

by MOJayhawker

Original Post

Highlighted

Could Someone Teach me how to use Ranger Pulse Blast?

★★★★ Guide

Hi guys, I just got the Pulse Blast for my Ranger Javelin. I am not sure how to use it though, could someone explain how to use it? 

Thanks for any Assistance.

Message 1 of 7 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

Hi guys, I just got the Pulse Blast for my Ranger Javelin. I am not sure how to use it though, could someone explain how to use it? 

Thanks for any Assistance.

On PS4 it's the right shoulder button. Hold until fully charged, point and let go. Pew pew! 

Message 2 of 7 (166 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Is it used more like a Charged Shot Close Ranged Weapon? It fires only 1 Blast right?

Message 3 of 7 (163 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
its a detonator like the seeker missile. but it can crit and does more damage, and shield bonus dmg. but ye, it needs to charge
Message 4 of 7 (158 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Do you have to aim it properly to use, or does it have Homing Properties?

Message 5 of 7 (155 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
homes in slightly...say you jump above an outlaw grunt, and you shoot it approximately at the body… then it will likely be a headshot
Message 6 of 7 (141 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Pulse blast is a detonator, something that finishes a combo. I use it with an ice grenade or sticky bomb as the primer first. Great for large enemies like titans. Hit them with the grenade then the pulse blast within a couple of seconds and bam!

To use:
-Hold down on the controller key that pulse blast is mapped to and aim at the enemy (I use Xbox so for me it's right bumper)
-You will see a dot with a curved line under it appear on the screen
-Make sure your targeted enemy appears between the ends of the curved line, sitting above the bottom of the curve. I aim the dot right at them. This part isn't hard as most enemies are way bigger than the curved line
-Release the button, watch them die, and repeat. 

Pulse blast is a great weapon as it has a short cool down and seems to damage all levels of enemies. Later, there will be variations of it available that are masterwork and legendary. I have the masterwork version and it's more powerful and has some great engravings. Good luck fellow Ranger!

Message 7 of 7 (111 Views)
Twitter Stream