Re: Could Mass Effect 2 DLC be put on Steam?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Could Mass Effect 2 DLC be put on Steam?

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I am sure no one at EA will see this or if they do they will dismiss this post since in another thread a work around of buying the DLC in Origin has worked for some people, but I am curious whether or not Mass Effect 2 DLC could be ported to Steam. I know Legendary edition came out and its all there, but I bought all the Mass Effect games on Steam back before Christmas, during the Steam Winter Sale. I have done my research and I found Mass Effect 1 has its ability to get the DLC easily but the Mass Effect 2 Deluxe eddition has its Steam Keys deactivated and the DLC is not on Steam unlike other EA titles with DLC, then again this is a game from a decade ago so it may be harder to sort things out this way.

I mainly am making this thread though because of the factor of EA now working with Valve on Steam since many titles were able to be put there like the Sims 4, Titanfall 2, Apex legends,  and more, so I was thinking of EA possibly porting the Mass Effect 2 DLC over, then again you have the Cerberus Network to help with that so Origin is kind of tied to it. I am mostly just wondering whether or not its possible, so people who don't have the money for the big purchase of Legendary Edition could possibly get the game through steam now with the DLCs avalible since the fact that BNS is gone and the Steam Keys are deactivated its a hassle to go through to get the DLCs since the only option is the DLC bundle on Origin to which I heard can be finiky at times in the process since its a bit of file diving to see if everything is working, almost as if its like a mod to the game but offically made.

Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @WhirlProductions.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @WhirlProductions.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)