Re: Could Forward Stations Let You Do More?

by PandaTar

Original Post

Could Forward Stations Let You Do More?

★★★★★ Guide

So what if a forward station (I think that's what those Dr Robotnik things that fall from the sky are called) could let you collect your AVP and deploy your strike teams?

This would be in addition to the other things it lets you do such as change squad members and equipment.

I'd even go for needing to do research to upgrade it (like needing to craft some special antenna for it) and develop it.  You could need Milky Way research points to unlock it or just do some side quest that rewards you with the plans for it.

What do you guys think?  Good idea/compromise and/or do you think it is something they could easily incorporate in the game as it is?

Message 1 of 10 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

i was actually thinking along those lines myself.

Message 2 of 10 (1,407 Views)

★★★★ Pro

*Tries not to be pulled in, fails, sighs and starts typing*

I believe there are the obvious littles choices, which also seem the ones that are easiest to implement:

• Research
  • Accept AVP stuff
  • Manage APEX stuff
  • Access to your personal e-mails

They could be upgraded, as you said, each upgrading adding a new function to it, but nothing too extraordinarily expensive either.

Message 3 of 10 (1,405 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PandaTar wrote:

*Tries not to be pulled in, fails, sighs and starts typing*

I believe there are the obvious littles choices, which also seem the ones that are easiest to implement:

• Research
  • Accept AVP stuff
  • Manage APEX stuff
  • Access to your personal e-mails

They could be upgraded, as you said, each upgrading adding a new function to it, but nothing too extraordinarily expensive either.

Your middle two were the main ones I was thinking.  I thought about the research but then felt like I could go either way on that as I could see it being valid not to be able to do full on research and development on the field just as I could see it being valid to be able to do so.

E-mails would be good though as well.  And you're right.  It shouldn't cost as much as a full on weapon or anything, lol.

And yes.  My plan to pull you in worked!  I mean... uh, good to still see you around PandaTar, lol.

But I was curious as to if others thought this would be doable and a reasonable compromise.

Message 4 of 10 (1,397 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes and yes.

Message 5 of 10 (1,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

hey panda.

just when you thought you were out, we pulled you back in...

i honestly thought it was a tad odd that we actually couldn't do any of that from forward stations. and strangely enough there are like 2 forward station that actually have research panels. so why don't they all? though i think they were at outposts, voeld &, um... the colony at the krogan world (the one i'm not even going to try to spell)  

Message 6 of 10 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

hey panda.

Story of my life.

@PretzleMe

Something else about it could be having a little more freedom at picking the locations as well. We could have, say, an additional 5 forward stations for spare (total) to place on some specific locations if we chose. Voeld and Eladeen sometimes look so vast (and empty).

Message 7 of 10 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CasperTheLich wrote:

hey panda.

strangely enough there are like 2 forward station that actually have research panels. so why don't they all?

You're right!  I forgot about those.  I noticed it once before but I kind of shrugged off.  And this would be a good compromise and better than leaving the planet.

SAM: "Pathfiner you have new e-mail."

Ryder: "To space and further!"

Squad Member: "First off, pretty sure you just mucked up some popular line..."

Ryder: "No, it's original.  I came up with it all on my own."

Squad Member: "AND TWO... we're supposed to be looking for those missing colonists that are going to try to control remnant."

Ryder, while looking dramatically heroic: "But Amazon... waits for no one."

------- ------- -------

@PandaTar

More freedom with where to place them?  Are you also suggesting a more limited number of them?  I think they didn't let us place them anywhere because they felt certain conditions should have to be met in order for a station to go there and they didn't want us to be bothered with trying to figure those intricacies out.

Like they were trying to make things easier on us but I could be wrong.

Also, they probably didn't want people putting forward station right next to enemies to they could fight them with unlimited everything.  (though there is a part in the game where that practically happens)

Message 8 of 10 (1,369 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

Yeah, that's why I said some 'specific locations', as if they were also places you could have a FS, if needed, so you had a limited number of them for any purporses you, THE GODLY GODDAMN PATHFINDER, need. ^_^

Message 9 of 10 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sure Bioware or EA is planning on releasing DLC that allows you to change Squad Members gear, just like the appearance pack for ME2 and ME3 (which took away the option of equipping squad members with armour).

Not to mention with the new crafting and looting mechanic it'll most likely be a nightmare to keep squad members gear up to date, because you'll have to keep getting them new gear every 10 levels. This is mainly due to weapons no longer having the option of  just straight up upgrading them to the next tier (like in ME2 and ME3), now you have to either loot, craft or buy all new gear if you want to get your favourite weapons and armour to the next tier.

Message 10 of 10 (1,347 Views)