Re: (Corn)What exactly is butter beacon? what does it do?

by jnicol1975

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(Corn)What exactly is butter beacon? what does it do?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am used to LB throwing a hunk of butter that exploded.  Can you tell me what you have observed, what butter beacon does?

On a sidenote...I do miss the screaming corn used to do in GW2 while firing his primary weapon, it was funny.

Message 1 of 8 (615 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

It highlights enemies in the area for the duration of the effect, even through walls and other obstacles. 

While enemies are highlighted by the beacon, your cob busters do slightly increased damage (a crit is 6 instead of 5 for example).

You get some XP for enemies vanquished by teammates in the area of effect of the beacon, it's called butter support or something like that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (611 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

It highlights enemies in the area for the duration of the effect, even through walls and other obstacles. 

While enemies are highlighted by the beacon, your cob busters do slightly increased damage (a crit is 6 instead of 5 for example).

You get some XP for enemies vanquished by teammates in the area of effect of the beacon, it's called butter support or something like that.

Message 2 of 8 (612 Views)

★ Guide
@Iron_Guard8 Thanks Iron_Guard!
Message 3 of 8 (600 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Butter beacon is one of the many awful changes they made that they thought were good ideas.  

Message 4 of 8 (572 Views)

★ Guide
@CJackson5083 agreed...useless
Message 5 of 8 (568 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't played corn much in BFN, but I really appreciate when a corn has deployed the beacon. I can see zombies who are about to come around a corner, for instance, and have them in my crosshairs.

It also has the effect of making zombies cautious of an area that is affected by the beacon, since they don't want to get lit up - at least that's my attitude when I see a beacon. On the flip side, if i see a beacon I know that there is a corn nearby, and I will sometimes home in on the beacon to locate them.

Message 6 of 8 (549 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've said it before and I'll say it again...  All the beacon does is show the corn who threw it all the enemies who are about to kill him!

Message 7 of 8 (535 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@CJackson5083 Ha! Classic :D
Message 8 of 8 (531 Views)