Core dev team leaving

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

Core dev team leaving

★★★★★ Expert

I have seen a lot of senior devs in the past month quit their job at Respawn, some of them have been working together since Modern Warfare. A few of them joined GravityWell, which was created after Executive producer quit Respawn(after 10 years). 

Must affect the studio in pretty big way I assume. What do you guys think? 

Message 1 of 15 (759 Views)

Re: Core dev team leaving

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp Got links to all the leaving? For sure it would have an effect. Could explain a lot of what's happening right now.
Message 2 of 15 (749 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp Hope the new devs have a competetive mindset not like the old ones
Message 3 of 15 (744 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp It is actually pretty normal. Many lead designers have a 10 years contract, they then move to other companies. This is necessary to bring new ideas. It happened with Bioware, Destiny 2, BF series.
Message 4 of 15 (702 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RevMainPls These old ones, made Titanfall and brought us Apex Legends with great gameplay.
Message 5 of 15 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Chin Xiang Chong, former lead designer just left in good terms. I don't know who else left the apex team other than DZK where we all know why he left/got fired.

I think that this is good that we'll see new faces in these top positions. We need new faces with new ideas for this game. Also Respawn is a huge company with hundreds of employees with 2 studios. They even developed 3 games at the same time (Apex, Jedi Fallen Order, and that Medal of honor VR game). As for the eventual quality of Apex, I guess only time will tell. I'm still hopeful for the future of Apex. 

Message 6 of 15 (692 Views)

★★★ Guide
@WreckingVi Yea amazing idea to give people aimassist in a competetive skillbased game
Message 7 of 15 (687 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor What cheese said is the recent one. I don't have the specific links, but I have seen it pop up on my Twitter feed a lot in the the last couple month.

This is the new studio made by former Apex executive producer Drew Mccoy and network engineer Shirin, you can see the employ list at the bottom https://gravitywell.games/
Message 8 of 15 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RevMainPlsThe people you are complaining about perhaps had nothing to do with aim assist, dev job varies a lot so need to complain about aim assist here. Make a separate thread, don't derail the post

@WreckingVi that makes sense

Message 9 of 15 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimpThat was an example of something contra competetive...So im not really derailing anything, hope the new devs have a competetive mindset

i mean i could post a list of things why they dont have a competetive mindset, i just picked the most serious one

Message 10 of 15 (621 Views)