Cop Chases (Spike Strips & Notifications)

by HowlingBeast

Original Post

Cop Chases (Spike Strips & Notifications)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Spike Strips: Do tires inflate themselves again? I heard from somewhere they would. If yes that would be a bummer tbh. Makes the game too easy and spike strips completely useless.

EDIT/UPDATE: So apparently you need to buy some upgrade to make your tires inflatable. So there's having a choice to get a challenge...

Notifications: These need to be removed, another thing that makes evading spike strips and rhinos too easy.

Maybe it's because I'm a "hardcore" NFS MW player that loved hard cop chases (the harder the better) but when I saw people doing donuts in front of the cops at heat lvl 5 that it must be hard to get arrested. I hope you're tweaking the difficulty of these chases.

Any other opinions?

Message 1 of 3 (470 Views)

Re: Cop Chases (Spike Strips & Notifications)

★★★★ Guide

@HowlingBeast

Absolutely fantastic points, and I completely agree. My first game was NFS Most Wanted 2005, so I can relate. Additionally, this game (at least in my opinion) became the gold standard for pursuits and gameplay. Obviously, the notifications for Rhinos and re-inflating tyres would annoy me, so their presence in Payback was disheartening.

Please see this topic for my own opinion, I doubt you'd like this either:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Damage-quot-Health-bar-quot-We-need-to-have-a-talk/td-p...

Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

Re: Cop Chases (Spike Strips & Notifications)

★★★★★ Guide

@HowlingBeast wrote:

Spike Strips: Do tires inflate themselves again? I heard from somewhere they would. If yes that would be a bummer tbh. Makes the game too easy and spike strips completely useless.

EDIT/UPDATE: So apparently you need to buy some upgrade to make your tires inflatable. So there's having a choice to get a challenge...

Notifications: These need to be removed, another thing that makes evading spike strips and rhinos too easy.

Maybe it's because I'm a "hardcore" NFS MW player that loved hard cop chases (the harder the better) but when I saw people doing donuts in front of the cops at heat lvl 5 that it must be hard to get arrested. I hope you're tweaking the difficulty of these chases.

Any other opinions?

I agree, however the difficulty was toned down for the demo, maybe it will be different in the finished version?

Message 3 of 3 (338 Views)