Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Conviction, an Anthem Live-Action story from Neill Blomkamp

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Conviction, an Anthem Live-Action story from Neill Blomkamp

Community Manager (retired)

From the Academy Award-nominated director of District 9Elysium, and Chappie comes a story set in the rich world of Anthem created by BioWare. Neill Blomkamp (with Oats Studios) and BioWare present Conviction, an Anthem story told in live-action.

In Conviction, Neill explores the vast world of BioWare’s Anthem through a new narrative set decades before the beginning of the game. Neill’s live-action short is a chance to see the world of Anthem through a different lens, with stunning locations, new characters, and a new story.

Don’t miss Conviction when the it goes live on the Oats Studios YouTube channel on February 14:

Find out more on our website.

Message 1 of 39 (1,001 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Conviction, an Anthem Live-Action story from Neill Blomkamp

★★★ Apprentice

I am looking very forward to this as I’m pretty stoked about the lore.  I am also looking forward to how many folks ask (here or on Twitter) if they watch this will they get full access early on the 15th Large smile

Message 2 of 39 (966 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

No affiliation with Bioware / EA, but in my opinion only (PC) players  that did not kill any grabbits should be able to get full access early on the 15th Cool

Save the Grabbits Foundation!

Message 3 of 39 (957 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

This is about Neill Blomkamp | Wikipedia for those who don't know (I didn't).  He was the writer for District 9 (2009), Elysium (2013) and Chappie (2015).  He is the founder of Oats Studios and you can watch many of his short film creations on the Oats Studios website including Rakka, ADAM  and Praetoria (which has an Anthem vibe, already)  It would seem that these short films are part of the studio's "experimental labs" which are meant to be concepts or ideas Blomkamp believes has potential to be picked up as feature films, but not sure.  Some are about 20 minutes long so the Anthem short, tomorrow, could be similar in length, maybe?  Although, I can't imagine it being that long unless they have a very good story to tell that was already written by BioWare? 

The Praetoria short is less than 3 minutes long but probably best showcases what we can expect from the Anthem short.  In my opinion, Oaks Studios' live-action leaves a lot to be desired.  Their CGI is not feature-film quality (think Chappie) but pretty good.  The Anthem short will be exciting to watch because it does require a level of polish and writing and pacing and editing that none of the short films on the studio's website show.  I'm not sure if it's because in movies like Chappie you have access to equipment and computers that can generate CGI capable of appearing absolutely real and there's probably additional layering that goes on when such objects are then placed into the picture?  And this type of polish goes far beyond what the studio has resources for due to it costing millions of dollars?  Probably.

All I'm saying is that if this Anthem short releasing tomorrow is amazing it will be by far the best work Oaks Studio has done if you compare it to what can be seen on their website.  The writing is exceptionally poor.  So there's some disconnect, here.  

p.s.  BioWare, the warrior from Praetoria has a sword on his back.  This please!

Message 4 of 39 (954 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

a full movie trilogy is the future and its all depends on the game, hope for success and everything

Message 5 of 39 (949 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I look forward to watching it. I have District 9, Elysium and Chappie on dvd, loved the first two, indifferent about Chappie.

Message 6 of 39 (932 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@Gunny-Grabbit wrote:

a full movie trilogy is the future and its all depends on the game, hope for success and everything

I am always wary of Games from movies and vice versa, they always seem lacklustre, shorts tend to be different. Warcraft was probably the first one that really impressed me.

Message 7 of 39 (931 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

EA to Customers "Games are expensive to make, we have to charge for microtransactions, season passes, battle passes, special editions, uber editions, mega editions, sponsership with Monster Energy and Doritos"

Also EA to Customers "Here's a mini film we paid for....for reasons"

Triple A in 2019 folks, enjoy Standard smile

Message 8 of 39 (916 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

But... but @Daethena what about me?  I love Grabbits and didnt kill a single one.. but I am on xbox.. I should get early access too, right?

Anyway.. I am stoked to watch this.  It looks so awesome.

Message 9 of 39 (909 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

Ok @IFoxxian , You can have 10 hours early access. Tongue out

Message 10 of 39 (899 Views)
Twitter Stream