Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Controls feel very sluggish suddenly

by WarWuChiWuGen

Original Post

Controls feel very sluggish suddenly

★★★ Guide

I don’t know if it was the patch or if because I’ve been playing Sekiro for the last several days, but logging back in and with all the new changes everything feels so much more sluggish. It is almost impossible to play. I can see the graphics have improved, but combat is an unfun and clunky mess now, where before the patch I highly enjoyed it. On top of that flying speed seems dramatically slower now too. Anyone else notice this?

Message 1 of 12 (150 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To me fighting looks better in general so my guess something changed in your visual options.

Message 2 of 12 (141 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AXIIIth 

I’m not talking about the looks, yes the looks are better. It is the actual controls. Everything feels sluggish and slow to respond. I’ve increased sensitivity, but that did nothing to help.

Message 3 of 12 (129 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I know what you mean just trying to tell that after new patch performance became better to me,but I am playing on PC,Nvidia gpu with lowest quality setting and had drivers update at time of patch.I got the impression that this sluggishness comes from overload on CPU or GPU especially if it is low on memory.

Message 4 of 12 (115 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Yep, it's like 1-3 second delay, a tad better after the patch, 1-2 sec. The same thing with the target mouse, thank heavens it's not a precision headshot game.

Message 5 of 12 (109 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AXIIIth 

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the info. I play on PS4 though, not sure why performance wise it would be a downgrade. It could just be I had gotten used to the clunky controls and now that I started playing a fluid game it is hard to come back, but the difference really seems more significant than that.

Message 6 of 12 (102 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps they were making this game in view of next generation hardware,hope I ll get my ordered RadeonVII soon and see the result,wishing it is worth of doing,though coming consoles would be on Navi.

Message 7 of 12 (93 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Are you using an older processor with a newer gpu? What is your framerate? I had major input lag which I fixed by increasing my graphics, thus lowering FPS so the cpu could keep up. It is possible the decreased resources for stuff like the UI and weather in 1.0.4 created the same issue for you.

Message 8 of 12 (80 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh 

I’ve no idea, I play on PS4 and never messed with the settings other than to turn off motion blur, cuz that shiz is garbage. It’s been off since day one.

Message 9 of 12 (68 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ah, never mind then

Message 10 of 12 (64 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help