Controls Suggestion

by ShadoeWrayth

Original Post

Controls Suggestion

★★★ Novice

It really seems like the developers are trying to get too many things all onto a single controller.  I suggest a patch that allows for combo-button bindings.  Right now, having certain things bound (like throttle up and down on stick??) are not very good options.  They should be somewhere like RB and LB, but that pushes aux to elsewhere, too, and then that screws things up.  So, can we add the option for having combos?  Like 'press RB+X for Boost' or something? 

We need the controller scheme to be intuitive, not fight our muscle memories from all of the other flight games we've played.  As it is, with the standard schemes available, and flying in standard manner, any form of dog fighting acrobatics and maneuvers must be relearned completely to keep from throttling up and down at VERY bad times (results in getting shot down, or running into things accidentally).  And, trying to alter the scheme manually results in crowding issues, as it seems like the developers are trying to combine a flight sim, a racing game, and an FPS all on a single controller (which means bindings are WAY over-crowded).

Solution?  Exactly what other games have done (Elite Dangerous anyone?) and allowed for combo-button bindings.  Please fix that ASAP, we really need more room on the controller, and that's pretty much the only way I know of to do that.  Plus, it's a really small change to make in the code, I think.

Message 1 of 1 (374 Views)