Re: Controller response curve on fine aim causes unstable connection

by Silz616

Original Post

Controller response curve on fine aim causes unstable connection

★★ Novice

When I start training with controller response curve set on fine aim causes unstable connection in training and in main game, I realized this is the main cause because when I reset controller settings to default the game stops laggin and runs smoothly... I have to start the game with controller settings set on default and change it during the match. 

Message 1 of 5 (582 Views)

★★★ Expert

Wow that's very strange, I have tried fine aim extensively without any hiccups.

Are you on Xbox or PS4?  Also, what is your internet speed?

Either way, try a reinstall, it should solve the issue if it's caused by a some corrupted data, if that doesn't fix it, and your DL speed is fine you'll have to file a more comprehensive ticket with technical support.

Message 2 of 5 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@andresx01 wrote:

When I start training with controller response curve set on fine aim causes unstable connection in training and in main game, I realized this is the main cause because when I reset controller settings to default the game stops laggin and runs smoothly... I have to start the game with controller settings set on default and change it during the match. 

I dabbled with the settings a while ago and thought it was just me. Felt really jerky and just... unstable. You may be on to something but can't test at the minute.

I was using steady and was liking it, but gone back to original now and that suits me best.

Edit: I'm on PS4

Message 3 of 5 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Silz616 wrote:

@andresx01 wrote:

I dabbled with the settings a while ago and thought it was just me. Felt really jerky and just... unstable. You may be on to something but can't test at the minute.

I was using steady and was liking it, but gone back to original now and that suits me best.

You said it felt Jerky.

It's possible that's just the response curve itself.

Anything less than full tilt of the joystick will make fine adjustments to aim, but at full tilt, the response curve accelerates dramatically.

This is so you can make quick 180 degree turns while also having fine aim available.

Message 4 of 5 (511 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

@andresx01 wrote:

You said it felt Jerky.

It's possible that's just the response curve itself.

Anything less than full tilt of the joystick will make fine adjustments to aim, but at full tilt, the response curve accelerates dramatically.

This is so you can make quick 180 degree turns while also having fine aim available.

It was unusable for me. Even full tilt on the stick resulted in a delayed (treacle) feeling and would lurch.

What you describe is what I was expecting, but it felt off. The OPs post then made me think it could've been a connection issue or performance issue.

I've not had chance to try this agin since I posted. I will come back to update the thread when I've tried it.

Edit: I do have field of view set to about 90 or 95 (can't remember off the top of my head), which does say can cause performance issues, which may be the case when using these settings.

Message 5 of 5 (499 Views)