Controller paddle configuration preference

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Controller paddle configuration preference

[ Edited ]

I don't know that I'll get enough response here to make this thread worthwhile, but I'll try anyway.  If you use a controller with paddles, which keybinds do you use?  I use crouch on left and jump on right, but it sounds like more people prefer it vice versa.

If you use a controller with four paddles, what are your other binds?  Healing item and grenade are popular choices, I think.  I feel like having reload/interact on a paddle would make looting much, much smoother.  I have small hands, and I find I can do healing OK by reaching my index finger to a pseudo-claw, but that's far less comfortable on my right hand.

Just curious what others do or have though about.

Message 1 of 16 (1,079 Views)

Re: Controller paddle configurarion preference

★★★★★ Expert
@pandareno1999 Only in this season that I’ve used back buttons and I’m really having a hard time. I have the right button for jump and left for crouch as well.
Message 2 of 16 (1,061 Views)

Sony back button is hard to get used to.  I got one a long time ago for playing Lucio in Overwatch, but could never get fluid with it.  The assembly is just so large and changes the way the whole controller feels.  My fingers would get really confused about L2 and R2 in particular.  I got a scuf infinity pro and everything settled into place within a few days.  Now I can use the dual shock with the back button assembly OK, but it still feels awkward.

Message 3 of 16 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@pandareno1999 I had the same problem so I got rid of that thing immediately and got myself a C40 but maintaining this thing is so costly.
i use the same layout @Cheese9Man do , you will get used to it in no time and it will make you life easier
Message 4 of 16 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Pro

With my controller I've made the punch button circle and crouch left joystick down.  So stick of constantly accidentally punching when I meant to do something else.

Took some getting used to but much better.

- DR

Message 5 of 16 (1,011 Views)

Champion

Ever so slightly off topic, however does anybody know if there's a paddle controller/attachment for ps5 yet?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 16 (1,001 Views)

Re: Controller paddle configuration preference

Champion
@pandareno1999 Crouch left, jump right. The default is the other way but that didnt feel natural.
Message 7 of 16 (997 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I've see video of a company that sells them(sold out) and another that sells a kit where you rip apart your controller to add underneath buttons.
Message 8 of 16 (996 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 Took me about a month to get used to the sony attachment but works great for me.
Message 9 of 16 (994 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  any chance you can DM me a link? Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 16 (975 Views)