Re: Controller paddle configurarion preference

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Champion
Message 11 of 16 (188 Views)

Re: Controller paddle configuration preference

Champion
@pandareno1999 I use an Xbox elite controller with the 4 paddles. Currently, I have just been running A, B, X, Y on my paddles (jump/crouch on the left paddles, reload/swap on the right), but I have been meaning to mess with it, and include healing. I'll probably try swapping it out with my Y paddle, that way I won't get anymore of those "clinch" weapon swaps that get me killed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Thanks @BaldWraithSimp )

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 12 of 16 (184 Views)

Champion

@hayhor  my lord I definitely won't be getting that build your own kit, my hands were not designed for soldering, sledgehammers etc are more in my realm of expertise xD

May have to bite the bullet and get that $300 one.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 16 (168 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I'd wait it out lol
Message 14 of 16 (166 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RockDokRock

I gave button puncher an honest try a while back, and muscle memory would absolutely screw me over and over again. Constantly canceling heals.  I'm sure that I'd have gotten used to it, but I suspect you'll sympathize with my encountering the old dog/new trick syndrome when I change to something new that feels unnatural.

@hayhor

I really wish they could have made something less obtrusive. The feel of the paddle buttons themselves is top notch. I like using that controller when i play, like, platform stuff with my wife. But the precision and feel of everything else (thumb sticks, back material, digital triggers) is just so much better on the scuf. I use the DS in the range every now and then, and I wouldn't like to go back.

Message 15 of 16 (160 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 I dunno. My fingers rest perfectly on the buttons. And when my ds4 goes bad its movable to the new one. A scuff goes bad and it's what $200+?
Message 16 of 16 (155 Views)