Controller Love

by BillyBlazes44

Original Post

Controller Love

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey respawn 

So I play on xbox and there's been something that's been on my mind since the beginning of Apex. 1 is the doors. I'm trying to body block a door and I reload. Now the door is open and I'm dead. My solution is to make it so you can only open doors when aiming at them. This way I can blody block with my back turned so I can watch another entrance. 2 is the supply crates. Sometimes your trying to pick up ammo but you end up picking up a gun since X is used for everything. My solution is X is used for ammo/attachments and holding Y while aiming at weapons will replace your gun. 

Now I know that Apex has a controller setting for hold to interact/tap to reload and vice versa. But holding to pick up a weapon when landing in a hot spot is not viable. You gotta be fast to pick up those weapons or your dead. Then holding to reload in the middle of a gun fight can too cost you those precious nano seconds. 

Let me know how you controller players feel.

Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: Controller Love

★★★ Pro
@BillyBlazes44 Yeah a press to equip option would help when looting bins since it's the same as the current press and hold to equip except on a different button, really annoying when you're trying to get some ammo and end up dropping your fully kitted gun and have to spend a hour finding all the attachments
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: Controller Love

Champion

@BillyBlazes44  yup 100% agree or a teammate thats been downed decides he needs to crawl under your feet and you can't reload as a result.

I went on a bit of a rant about this exact issue the other day haha. Maybe try re posting this in the link below as well so it gets some extra attention.

Cabowse has a great QoL thread set up.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Apex-Legends-Quality-of-Life-Improvements/m-p/8318265#M... 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)