by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Contesting the objective while invisible or invincible in Turf Takeover

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all having a great day!

Today, I wanted to talk about contesting objectives in Turf Takeover. I know that players can actually contest payload or capture/defend zones in Turf Takeover currently, even while invisible (from Nightcap) or invincible (from Rose and Electric Slide). Do you think that this should be allowed?

By doing this, you can stall the objective out for much longer while your teammates come and assist you, especially during overtime. It can be the potential game-changer, you have the ability to win or lose an objective, including during overtime because of this function! It kind of seems wrong being able to do this, it's good to have but doesn't seem right to be able to do that!

What are your thoughts on this subject? Feel free to drop some comments! 

Regards,

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 9 (666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Contesting the objective while invisible or invincible in Turf Takeover

★★★ Expert
Hello @TheSprinter85, hope you have a great day as well.
I honestly don't see any problem. You won't be able to capture an objective alone while you are invisible/invincible.
An Electric Slide will always be able to push you out of the objective with her magnetic ability (whatever it is called).
The issue is more that the distance from Spawn to the objective is way too long for 8v8.
I'd really like to see the return of the teleporters to PvZ. Not on specific points only but anywhere you put it like Symmetra in Overwatch.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (652 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

I do not want invincible, invisible, or burrowed players to be able to affect objectives. Being unable to stop them from doing so due these abilities is not something that should be in the game. While in these modes they should be unable to affect any objective in any way.

Message 2 of 9 (653 Views)

★★★ Expert
Hello @TheSprinter85, hope you have a great day as well.
I honestly don't see any problem. You won't be able to capture an objective alone while you are invisible/invincible.
An Electric Slide will always be able to push you out of the objective with her magnetic ability (whatever it is called).
The issue is more that the distance from Spawn to the objective is way too long for 8v8.
I'd really like to see the return of the teleporters to PvZ. Not on specific points only but anywhere you put it like Symmetra in Overwatch.
Message 3 of 9 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8Burrowed Chompers could get out of the ground by Engineers. I've never experienced that to be a problem. If a player is able to hold the objective the very last needed seconds it's well played I would say. As a defender you just have to step into the objective.
Bad if there is a Chomper waiting but apart from that: NightCap can't hit you while she's invisible, Rose can't hit you while she's in Arcane Enigma.
Electric Slide isn't a threat either if in her Outta Fight ability (I'm not sure about the right name though).

Message 4 of 9 (644 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I don't see a problem with these particular abilities being used while capturing or defending an objective.

Simply because there is a Rose or an Electric Slide in an invulnerable state doesn't mean that they'll successfully capture the objective because all the opposing team needs to do is occupy the objective to contest.

These abilities have a short duration and a cooldown and most of the time such an invulnerable player winds up being the last one on their team and outnumbered by the opponents which makes them easy prey once they can be targeted again.

Yes they allow contesting of the objective but they don't guarantee success and from a defenders perspective these short reprieves are almost required since it is currently impossible for respawning defenders to reach the objective from the spawn to contest. 

If using those abilities to contest an objective helps make the game interesting and engaging, as it was back when it was 12v12,  instead of a steamroll to the end which is boring for the attackers and frustrating for the defenders then I'm all for it.

Message 5 of 9 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I wanted to bump this thread. Does anyone else have any other thoughts on whether this should be allowed? Remember, this is not a glitch, but can be cheesy, and I have been known to perform this trick relatively often.

Message 6 of 9 (410 Views)

My Chomper with Well Fed often stops Garg in Preserved Pasture. And I like such system.

It makes some characters more unique, and I like those uniqueness. (But of course I hate overpowered characters and one-sided games.)

Message 7 of 9 (388 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Like others said before, I don't think it is a big problem. They don't end up winning because of it most of the time. I think there should be a limit on how long overtime can be in general. I once had a game of Turf Takeover where there were 15 minutes of overtime and then they ended up capturing the point and the game continued.
Message 8 of 9 (385 Views)

Champion

Alright, I just wanted to know what you thought of it, because me (and my brother together) sometimes abuse the Chomper Well Fed tactic (as @CharlesHlcBendel stated) in overtime points, along with other mechanisms. I’ve denied teams full of Steam Blasters of wins as a result. 

Message 9 of 9 (346 Views)