Re: Content update confirmed for Feb 14th... Happy Valentines Day....

by Screion

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@asabaida wrote:

.... its cool Popcap are trying to keep the game alive

Absolutely! And full marks to PopCap for doing so, but what worries me is that the introduction of yet another chomper - and by the sound of it an extreme one at that - is going to introduce yet another imbalance in the game. I can only hope that it can be countered sufficiently by some quick work by first and foremost the Arctic Trooper, as PopCap (through the years this game has been on the market) don't always seem to fully realize the implications of the changes they make to the game's various characters. 

Message 11 of 20 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It just looks like a blue Unicorn Chomper... so I guess its just a reskin and just the same.

Edit: Well .... turns out that he warps further than unicorn apparently.

Message 12 of 20 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@asabaida wrote:

It just looks like a blue Unicorn Chomper... so I guess its just a reskin and just the same.

Edit: Well .... turns out that he warps further than unicorn apparently.

He warps father.

He runs as fast as the Hot rod chomper (Hot rod chomper is still faster and has more speed upgrades), only has one warp charge which shares the same cool down as the unicorn chomper making his warp a downgrade. The unicorn chomper can reach the same distance by using two charges. consider it to be in the same spot as the The engineer's jackhammer. They travel the same distance but one is just faster.

His attack speed is a lot slower but he deals more damage per bite. With both damage upgrades he can do 43 damage per bite. The faster bite speed that unicorn chomper has might be better overall though.
He only has 150 health while the unicorn has 175.

Overall those are his differences. Since i find that his warp is a downgrade i'd say the unicorn chomper is better just because the unicorn can use the extra warp charge to get out of danger. It depends on if you want a chomper with a faster move speed and slower attack speed but higher damage or one that can easily warp in and out of danger and has a faster attack speed.
Another reason why i find his warp to be a downgrade over the unicorn chomper's is because you can easily get caught on something which can stop your warp short. If that happens you are stuck waiting and can be exposed where you'll at least have a extra charge to keep a hold of with the unicorn's warp.

Message 13 of 20 (847 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Cool info... thanku Large smile

of course if you don't have Unicorn then Twilight will be something regardless....
and for me personally, mainly because I won't need to max out a variant I will never own Large smile

Message 14 of 20 (832 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So yeah... I got 460 player vanquishes now. Chomper is already unlocked for me. And just as i expected Burrow is a thing again. I exactly had ONE encounter where the new Chomper used teleport on my All-Star. All the other encounters with the new Chomper variant meant Burrow. Burrow all day. And i have been in a match with at least 6 chompers.

To the map i can say it needs bug fixing. Who would have thought?

So far i have experienced a bugged Teleporter icon. So i had 2 Teleporter icons on display, despite one of them being behind and obsolete. And then there is the stairs at the Playground. For whatever reason it is no longer possible to walk up these wooden stairs. Jump is required.

Quiet fascinating is the fact that they moved some of the entities. Like the first zombie teleporter has its platform no longer at the spawn, but outside the gates. The capture area up at the mansion, where the boat is providing some cover, also seems to be smaller now. And a couple AI pots have been moved.

And yes. The engineer can still build turrets near the capture areas. Something that i miss in the new maps. Its just more effective now since since its a 1-time build. And no longer the 3 phase upgrade. So don't be surprised if a turret vanquishes you while defending.

Message 15 of 20 (826 Views)

★★★ Guide

Isn't there a bug at the Mansion when you win. I recalled last night when my team won the game, we received 8 rainbow stars. Now this morning, I've won the game 3 times and I received no stars but just coins.

Message 16 of 20 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yep us too..... must be a bug...
On our first game we received no rainbow stars at all, despite the fact that our team won....
we did get 2 stars and 4 stars for losing other games however... lol

@ScreionSo folk are changing the super warp for burrow on the new chomper too?

Message 17 of 20 (806 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Indeed. I remember ending up with the same amount of stars after i played a whole match. Maybe only happening to zombies.

Message 18 of 20 (805 Views)

I suspect it's going to take a while for many players to get the hang of judging where the warp will end up.  Some players will always just go for the easy suicide vanquish, it's just the nature of things.  Chomper's gonna chomp!

The last base in the portal is bugged, at least as of last night.  If the game goes to the final base, no one is getting any stars.

Message 19 of 20 (764 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have to say that i enjoyed this classic map, despite of its issues. The game is so different without all the other classes and with the large open areas.

Now unfortunately this also means the masses of Soldiers and Pea Shooters are back. But even with that i enjoyed it far more than all the Imp and and Mech spam. Not to forget that Super Commando got nerfed and the dark purple and grey is gone for once, replaced by the good old green.

Just a shame its somewhat imbalanced as the zombies have no detonation classes and no drones.

@ScreionSo folk are changing the super warp for burrow on the new chomper too?

So surprisingly - and for the first time ever - i've been in games where people actually used the teleport. There were still some people spamming Burrow even with the new Chomper but the couple warps changed things. I've eaten soldiers on rooftops with some well placed warps, and some Chompers used the super long range to launch themselves off of rooftops to have an unusual surprise attack coming out of the skies. Its borderline broken sometimes, when combined with goop.

Message 20 of 20 (708 Views)