Content creators are allowed to use/abuse exploits for content?

by Sprinkah

Original Post

Re: Content creators are allowed to use/abuse exploits for content?

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag idk man. I see both sides of it. Yes, you could argue that it draws more attention to it so it resulting in it getting patched faster but in the same sense it literally is one rule for one. I watched Aceu do the Rampart/Crypto exploit at least twice in a stream (can't remember if it was pubs or ranked tho).

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 42 (392 Views)

★ Guide

@GH0STEDbyME I agree that streamers should also be banned and it shouldn't be one rule for one..but I think this guys post is pretty much null and void because further down hes posted about how he used the exploits and 'didnt get a warning' before he was banned. So yes he can say its unfair that he got a ban and they didn't..but he can't be complaining about 'does that not count as ruining other peoples games' when the same clearly applies to any exploits he used Raised eyebrow Standard smile

Message 22 of 42 (383 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag Spot on!

Now I'm not trying to justify it, but I think the popular content creators is a really tricky area for EA. Those guys have millions of followers. If they ban them, then the content creator could potentially create a huge backlash for EA. If the content creators tells their minions "Hey this company banned me for this. don't play their game..." Not only that but EA then loses out on their game being broadcast to millions of viewers. It's really hard to describe the promotional value that has. It's advertising for EA, that is not viewed as advertising by the target audience. The subs for those content creators are 100% the target audience. Not only that, but people who have stopped playing Apex see the content creator and think hey that looks fun and get back into it.

Nearly every other form of advertising you have to pay to advertise your product to people who will never be a customer and don't have the potential to be one. Prime example, I send out mass mailers from my business. I can select postal codes but that is about it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 42 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Sprinkah Games are a reflection of the real world...

Rich & powerful might get a slap on the hand (in game terms content creators & streamers) while the general masses pay for the same thing with couple months/years jailtime.

It’s the way the world works
Message 24 of 42 (369 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q True but the OP admitted they did it themselves. So they got banned. Shouldn't do exploits if you don't wanna get banned lol.

Message 25 of 42 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@GH0STEDbyMEwell yeah...but I only did it under the impression that it's fine due to there being DOZENS of videos of people running around with it...so HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW that it's forbidden....

Plus...my friend, who introduced it to me, was same party with me, who played Rampart and did most of the killing did NOT get banned. Plus I asked around and found out that there were people who did the same thing as me and got a WARNING insteaad of getting immediately banned the next day, I did not get a warning so yeah. 

But despite whatever I did, doesn't really change the fact that pretty much all the content creators that I found out about the glitch are completely fine and dandy :/

Message 26 of 42 (355 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag The difference is the guys you mentioned don't make specific how to exploit videos.

I don't agree with respawn that there is a difference but they seem to think so.
Message 27 of 42 (344 Views)

Champion
@Sprinkah How is it not clearly an exploit? xD Yeah, you can argue that your friend should've been banned as well. Yeah, you could argue that you should've been given a warning. But it does say in their terms and conditions/of service or whatever its called. So it's not like you can argue the toss against your ban.

It's like getting caught committing a crime and saying yeah well my friend does it and didn't get jail time. It doesn't work like that.

Message 28 of 42 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GH0STEDbyME you're saying like we all read the ToS for every game we play but I suppose that doesn't matter, how the hell would I know that some glitch IN THE GAME itself that countless people tried out and made videos about...would be persecuted the same as using 3rd party hacks and cheats like how it was in early days Apex.
Yes I read the ToS after I got banned and I kinda did accept my situation for a little while...but then again, is it still unfair that I was not given any kind of chance like some others did to rectify myself?And again, blatant videos on youtube of people doing even more than I did, getting away with it scotts-free
Message 29 of 42 (336 Views)

Champion
@Sprinkah I didn't say we did. It's one of those things that we're all supposed to do but we never do. Who the hell actually reads terms and conditions? No one right? We just scroll straight to the bottom and click accept.

You can argue the toss that you should've got a slap on the wrist but you didn't. And I don't see how you could possibly have a leg to stand on to appeal it...

Yes, it's unfair that people have gotten away with it. But you didn't. And unless you're gonna sit there chasing up every single person that's done it, reporting them with videos to back it up I don't see the point in kicking up a fuss. Surely that's just more hassle than it's worth?

I'm curious now tho have you had an account ban or software ban? And have you done exploits before?

Message 30 of 42 (332 Views)