Conspiracy Theory

by fudgietroll

Original Post

Re: Conspiracy Theory

★ Pro

So I just finished reading Uprising, and, having played through ME:A, I feel that whether the Nexus found hazards in Andromeda or not something bad was going to happen. Given that Sloane, with her checkered past and lack of position in the chain of command, was literally the last one awake on the Nexus, I'm betting that she was the designated fall guy. If (the Benefactor?) hadn't found the Scourge or some other plausible mass casualty/destruction accident, then there would've bombings or something and Sloane would've been the scapegoat, as she eventually was.Broken heart

Of course this assumes that the Nexus was intentionally crashed into the Scourge cause/to cover up Jien Garson's murder as well as any other targets in the Initiative and any other activities being carried out. There were huge amounts of equipment, supplies, and materials that were counted as missing or destroyed after the crash, which could have been stolen after all. Sloane did note that the destruction of many of the Nexus' core systems did seem almost surgical and could have been sabotage. Wondering

We do know that Jien must have been targeted by at least 1 individual awake before the Scourge disaster, although we don't know how many or how long they had been awake. To be able to properly set up an "accident" like this they would probably need to be awake a few months or a year early.Thinking

Message 61 of 63 (376 Views)

★ Pro

Conspiracy Theory: the Consort is either a Thorian clone or an Indoctrinated Thorian slave tied to it, which is the source of her "oracles", and provides the Thorian with knowledge and influence on the galaxy. As an extra precaution against the Reapers, once the Initiative is proven feasible the Consort becomes the Benefactor, to ensure part of the Thorian gets transported to another Galaxy and survivesRaised eyebrow

Also, why do only humans have militant organizations out to ensure racial dominance? Do the other races lack imagination, or is this just a cheap shot at ..... Humans?

If such organizations used to exist with the Asari, are the Ardat-Yakshi leftovers from that?Nerd

Message 62 of 63 (360 Views)

★ Pro

I think that the Benefactor has their own agenda, and, as part of it, has ensured no comms to the MW or between arks/Nexus, as well as a lot of the mayhem of arrival. I don't know if taking down the sensors as well was intended, accidental, unrelated, or intentionally done by someone else

Just a thought, but if the Benefactor/someone had people up and monitoring the QEC comms, especially the one connected to the Geth super telescope, they could have gotten a good idea of what was going on behind them and what was going on ahead of them, and changed the game, either sabotaging the QECs or stealing them and replacing them with dummy boxes, plus setting it up so they could take off with what they needed for a solo colony or secret bases, and possibly take out "problem children" among the Initiative, including some or all of #1-7?

Also, how do we know it ACTUALLY took 600 years vs 650-700 as the ships play dead to avoid Reapers, etc. and someone on the ship fixed the clocks/destroyed the sensors/comms and evidence of what happened to those we left behind?

Plus, what if, a la Fallout vaults, experiments were being done on people during the trip. We know that the Krogan were being modified, and that the ex-Cerberus idiots were messing with people in Andromeda, what if there were other things going on, IE, what if the infected aunt running around Helios wasn't infected BEFORE the arks left, etc.?

Finally, what if there are more than just the Benefactor working behind the scenes on the Initiative? For instance, unless TIM was dumping all of his problem children on Andromeda, someone was probably doing it to cause him problems. Plus, there just seems to be so many conflicts/contradictions in the Initiative that there seems no way it is all controlled by one organized individual/group

Message 63 of 63 (340 Views)