Re: Consoles: How do you do the nasty strafe?

by JonStriker126

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man I have strange controls on Xbox, I can strafe and crouch-spam a lot easier than most people because of that. I find that it is easy to do it the exact same way you would when just ADS-ing. You just move your analog stick left and right while ADS-ing. For the crouch spam, that is almost impossible to pull off while ADS-ing without paddles or weird controls. On default controls, it is impossible, but if you have paddles it is easy. Switching your crouch and jump buttons to the bumpers can also help.
Message 11 of 14 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@hayhorSpend time in Firing Range, & hip fire ONLY. Hip-fire at the dummies at ANY range, to practice constantly having your crosshairs perfectly situated over the target. I mostly use Volt & R9. Overall, this helps quite a bit in the long run. Get familiar with how viable the hip-fire of your favorite / most commonly used guns are, at close/mid range. You'll instinctively resort to hip fire in-game, after practicing enough

It also helps quite a bit to turn ON the Bots (so they move, & shoot back at you).

Also L3 crouch spam is goated on controller. L3 for crouch/slide, crouch on HOLD, auto sprint ON. That + practice will 100% improve your crouch spam fire

Message 12 of 14 (269 Views)

Champion
@decimation92 I'll give it a go. I even thought about playing with randoms with the rule where I only hip fire no matter what the distance.
Message 13 of 14 (252 Views)

@Cheese9Man My layout is pretty much totally custom. For crouch though, it's bound to L3, That way I can move and Crouch/slide with the same stick/finger. As for better strafing, learn to hip fire more. ADS-ing severely reduces your movement speed in that regard.

@MandatoryIDtag Yeah. people need to remember that almost every weapon in this game is projectile, which makes peaking and firing a very optimal approach.

@decimation92 I don't know if I really agree with auto sprint ON. I see why you do it. But auto sprint delays your shoots/you being able to fire your gun, so it'll mess with your reaction time, in a gun fight. I suppose, you would get used to it after a while, but I never stuck with it long enough for that to happen. I tried utilizing the setting multiple times, but just could never really make it work for me. It made everything feel a little more clunky and I didn't like that. Again, this is just my experience with it.
Message 14 of 14 (240 Views)