Re: Connection between Titanfall (2) and Apex Legend

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Connection between Titanfall (2) and Apex Legend

★★★★★ Guide

Hey there, not so long ago i started playing Titanfall 2 where Blisk and his Apex Predators are the main antagonists.

So, what about the Apex games? Do you think we are going to see more factions taking part to the game? Or more plantes, maybe? 

Feel free to share anything you know about the Titanfall universe! 

Message 1 of 17 (2,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I feel an invasion is comming, why are there so many missile cannons around the map ? I thought the War was all over.

Also with the currant ring announcements it sounds like Vinson Dynamics around the map with the different ring voices. Do I think we will get different faction? 

Technically there already are factions with out being a faction tag:

Name       Pilot                 Faction           

Wraith = Phase shift = Vinson dynamics 

Octane = Stim = Vinson Dynamics

Pathfinder = Grapple  = 64 / Marvin [basically]

Mirage = Holo or Predator  = Apex Predator / Ares

bloodhound= Pulse blade = Frontier Militia 

and so on.

Message 2 of 17 (2,869 Views)

★★★ Expert
@AWOL_312 Kuben Blisk is probably part of the organizers (the Mercenary Syndicate), you can see him presenting the Apex Games in one of the first trailers of this game. Games are happening 30 years after the frontier war between IMC and Militia, but Bangalore's background story indicates that they're still at war somewhere else. Bloodhound and Wraith have both pilot emblems on their outfit, I personally think Ash from Titanfall 2 is actually a simulacrum of Renee Blasey. There are a few things that are similar, from the small hitbox, to the use of phase shifting, the memory loss, the japanese influence (naruto, ninja style running of Wraith, sword-swinging samurai style titan used by Ash, Ronin).
Message 3 of 17 (2,865 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Jeez you guys look into the lore much. All these names and things... I can’t even remember which day it is usually XD
Message 4 of 17 (2,820 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Respawn are pretty good story tellers, I hope they will continue developing the Titanfall universe, which I prefer to the childish & unbalanced Star Wars universe.
Message 5 of 17 (2,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMeStar Wars is broader. Considering there were 6 or 8 active star wars games in dev in 2017 or 2018 by lots of different dev teams... you can imagine the money going into the realisation of the games.

So far only one got entirely redirected and that’s the one that got my $£¥#%@ Dead Space maker dev team disbanded.

RIP Visceral Games. I still miss you and your lore. Now that’s a team that can scope out a pretty tight story into a multi-arch universe.

Message 6 of 17 (2,791 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q yes, Star Wars is broader, more profitable and my favourite sci-fi trilogy during childhood, but it lost me after Episode 2, and haven't played any related game since Tie Fighter / Dark Forces.
Message 7 of 17 (2,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Some Titanfall Lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6XkjWa8-I

Regeneration theory - I think this may be the explanation behind respawning. Banners are actually xsd cards that store the memory of each legend or at least the data acquired during the match. Death in matches is not actually dying, it often seems that each characters does a timeout request animation before dropping near their deathboxes. Could be a request to get teleported out and be regenerated before they actually die or they are actually simulacrums of the actual legends and they request a new copy to be prepared, that will get the latest legend data once the banner is loaded into the respawn beacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHPIeKFGmY

Message 8 of 17 (2,761 Views)

★★★ Expert
Message 9 of 17 (2,740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Screw Star Wars. Never liked it and if Visceral Games didn’t have to make it they might’ve made Dead Space 4! Or another horror game I probably would’ve liked so screw star wars. I hope the whole franchise blunders due to newer generations not liking it!
Message 10 of 17 (2,688 Views)