Re: Connecting with friends is glitched for me and a friend

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Connecting with friends is glitched for me and a friend

★★★ Newbie

A friend and I are unable to connect to each other we just get errors we’ve tried everything to no avail plus we also have a thing that are games are linked in a weird way that if one of us logs in the other persons game restarts and one gets kicked for inactivity the other does too 

Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)

★★ Guide
@128022 What platform are you and your friend playing on?
Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ps4

Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)

Champion (Retired)

For my PS4, I:

• Power on and login to one PS4 account.

• Start the game.

• Login to EA account and let the game load through to Giddy Park.

• Set Giddy Park to private (at the globe) and then restart the server (I think it’s triangle).

• Push the PS button on your second remote and it will ask you to pick a second PSN user for that controller.

• Pick your account and wait a few seconds and then hold down the square button.  Once the second account logs into PSN, the rest is automatic.  (Your screen should automatically split in half and seamlessly start split screen.)

This works anywhere for me (haven’t tried it in multiplayer) but I suggested you trying private Giddy Park in case lag was an issue.

Should be noted I didn’t have to buy two copies of the game; both accounts share the same digital copy.  Both of my accounts have PS Plus and I am an EA Access member (not sure whether any of this matters for splitscreen).

If the method above doesn’t work for you, just let me know and I’ll make a video to ensure I’m not messing up the instructions.

😊👍

Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)