Confused about a ban

by Zohnd

Original Post

Confused about a ban

★★★★ Novice

So, earlier today I hopped on and played a few games with my buddies. Nothing crazy as usual... I think we won a single game out of about 6. In the last game we played there was an enemy squad who had a Wraith that shot her Spitfire like a laser beam. We got wiped by them so we proceeded to watch this Wraith. We went on watching her until we decided she was in fact cheating, which made us very angry, she was snapping to character hitboxes and her gun had no recoil. So, we all reported her and went our separate ways. About 2 hours later I logged back in to play a few more games to kill some time. I got matched up with two other people solo queueing, when we landed I got a peacekeeper and killed a Pathfinder only to be gunned down about a minute later by the other two in his group. I was like whatever I'll just do some challenges for my battle pass and queued up again. I proceeded to load in to the character select where it booted me to the main menu saying something along the lines of "Game account player is on has been banned reason: Banned". I have not received an email or anything actually saying what it is I have been banned for. I just started playing again a few days before season 3 dropped. 

TLDR; I played a few games today and after the last one I got banned. No, I don't use the voice/text chat since I play in 3 man parties 99% of the time. No, I don't use 3rd party programs unless you count the NVIDIA overlay and Discord. No, I don't have any macros. Yes, I did read all the TOS before making this post due to me being a hot mess and genuinely flabbergasted as what could of been the reasoning.

Thank you all.

Message 1 of 10 (1,167 Views)

Re: Confused about a ban

Community Manager

@Zohnd 

If you didn't receive an email be sure to check the junk/spam folders in case the email was routed there by your email provider. I'm afraid the only authentic information you'll find out as to why this happened is through our Terms of Service team. If you want to inquire more and/or dispute this action, please contact them via the information below. Good luck and sorry to hear about your experience when returning to the game.

Click here to contact Terms of Service

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Thank you! It stinks but weird things happen all the time. I just hope I can still play again.
Message 3 of 10 (1,142 Views)

False ban

★★ Novice

I got banned around last week when i hopped up on the game after a small break and whenever i tried getting into a match it would kick me back to the main menu screen telling me i'm banned and the reason for this ban is ''The client's game account has been banned: Banned'' i was actually shocked about this and then i verified my email and apparently there was no email regarding my ban.
I made a ticket about my ban and i received an email letting me know that they're reviewing it, however it's been almost a week with no answer whatsoever. I made an alternate account and it's not a HWID ban then it made me even more confused. The only things i had running while i was playing the game were Origin, Discord, Spotify and Logitech Software and after searching i found out that Logitech Software actually caused false bans in the past but i'm not sure if this was the cause...

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause or the main reason behind my ban? or if there's anything left to do?

Message 4 of 10 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Expert

God i'm glad i'm on console Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (1,114 Views)

Re: False ban

★★★★ Novice

@Negann69 I saw a post on r/ApexLegends Reddit page of a streamer that got banned for Streaming on Discords service. He apparently has a Logitech mouse too, but he disabled the macro setting for Apex after seeing people registering false positives for the macro use. He eventually managed to get unbanned but only after they closed his ticket saying "we made the right decision closing the account". The video is by EposVox on YouTube. It's known that EasyAnticheat is trigger happy when it comes to bans due to how the software works. The player only got unbanned though after the video was made and posted on several other pieces of social media. It seems like the ToS team tries to make good judgement calls, but they are human and will make mistakes. I'm hoping that the false flags can be solved and prevented in the future by being more transparent with what can cause bans other than the obvious reasons. Don't cheat, don't be toxic, and don't scam people. Sadly, I am also still awaiting my final judgement as well. Here's to hoping I don't lose my account for something that I didn't (knowingly, I'm looking at you Discord, NVIDIA Shadowplay, and Razer Synapse) do. I've also been browsing the forums and noticed that if they do decide to keep you banned they don't tell you specifics why you got the ban. They will say "You were cheating" not something like "The macro feature on the Logitech mouse you were using was flagged for cheating by out EAC software.". Which I think is a questionable way of telling their consumers that they broke rules. Riot Games, the creators of League of Legends, will give you a detailed email explaining why and how you got a ban or suspension while providing you with ways to avoid getting in more trouble. I got spam reported by an enemy team's 5-man party in LoL and received a two week suspension over me banning out one of their characters in the Ranked mode. They responded to me within the day, had me back playing with the suspension removed by the following day, and gave me a free random skin to compensate the false flag. These issues with EAC need to be addressed before it gets blown up when someone of some sort of fame gets banned for the same reasons.

Message 6 of 10 (1,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Wingmannedbro I started on console but moved to PC, where I mainly play games, and my buddies came to PC too. I'm kinda regretting that decision now :'(
Message 7 of 10 (1,046 Views)

★★ Novice

Welp. Just found out that my case has been resolved, account still banned for some reason and i didn't receive an email regarding it.

Message 8 of 10 (996 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no youre not XD

Message 9 of 10 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@D4NKYJ4NK nvm i was replying to the wrong thread
Message 10 of 10 (905 Views)