Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Concern for interceptor

by Abyssalwyrm

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Interceptor has more agility in a extra Jump and it’s dodge. It’s not faster. It fly at the same exact speed as everything else. The interceptor is just about as squishy as the storm also. The storm is fine. It’s freezing cc alone is super powerful to have. It makes anything a super easy target. It’s also allowed to sit back from a far distance the whole time and be leading role. For the colossus all it needs is some shield health so it can regenerate and allow it to get itself back into a fight without being on verge of death searching for health packs.

I’m concerned for how much our gear will make up for compared to how hard the harderst possible points of the game will be. You expect that even with best gear, the hardest difficulty will be very unforgiving. People that die on a enemy meleeing  and people that died way back are two complete diffrent levels liabilities and could determine the end of a fight. 

Close range effective,  single target, same damage as everything else,  2nd squishiest class. For the trade off of extra jump and dash is kinda weak. Do you see what I mean? 

I dont have a problem with how the actual class plays but I think it ability options could have done better to help it actually do what it’s supposed to. If it’s going to take on those risks as a class. It has abilities that are teriible, or repetive. I’m waiting for the actual game to make a final verdict, when I can see everything on it. This is just my current concern for the class. 

Message 41 of 71 (113 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe an optical camouflage like the Mass Effect Interceptor. Would make for interesting long range, and short range builds. 

Message 42 of 71 (127 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@VilNastavnik  I think someone said we are actually it in the demo but something like that will be in game. I hope so. If so that would be really helpful

Message 43 of 71 (122 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Does the AI aim get better at higher difficulties? Damn, that IS concerning.

One of the things I like most about the interceptor right now is how great it feels to go in and slash enemies and actually be able to DODGE bullets by moving around as you slice. It's actually BETTER than WarFrame for me, because in WarFrame the Grineer have hitscan weapons. They can't miss you as long as they're looking at you, so if you want to survive while melee-ing against them you have to mod up insane defense and health or you have to bring a weapon that oneshots everything you barely glance at, which isn't fun.

But Interceptor is fun and I really hope it never stops being fun.
Message 44 of 71 (117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DJFlare84 

I don’t think the ai gets better aiming , but they 100% are going to curb stomp you if they hit you.  Thier damage and health is increased by 3100% on grandmaster 3. While our gear going to be awesome at that point. I don’t know how much better our ability to take a hit and do damage will compare to that level of increase. That’s going to take a good minute to melee down a target and when things turn to shoot at you. Even the weak ones. It may only take 1-3 shots for it actually kill you. That’s going to be insane to work with for a class that’s melee focused. When there may be 30 enemies spread out in varies nooks and crannies around you. 

1 shot is the equivalent of getting hit 31 times on normal. 

Shooting 31 times is the equivalent of getting once on normal as far as health and damage ratios.  How much of a increase our armor give us?  No way it’s going to be close to 3100%

now on top of that. Remember we did the easiest stronghold to introduce players. Imagine what it will be like in harder strong holds and the mechanics that could be in them. 

Message 45 of 71 (108 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

@DJFlare84 

I don’t think the ai gets better aiming , but they 100% are going to curb stomp you if they hit you.  Thier damage and health is increased by 3100% on grandmaster 3. While our gear going to be awesome at that point. I don’t know how much better our ability to take a hit and do damage will compare to that level of increase. That’s going to take a good minute to melee down a target and when things turn to shoot at you. Even the weak ones. It may only take 1-3 shots for it actually kill you. That’s going to be insane to work with for a class that’s melee focused. When there may be 30 enemies spread out in varies nooks and crannies around you. 

1 shot is the equivalent of getting hit 31 times on normal. 

Shooting 31 times is the equivalent of getting once on normal as far as health and damage ratios.  How much of a increase our armor give us?  No way it’s going to be close to 3100%

Ugh, that's starting to sound like the G-Ranks in Monster Hunter. G-Rank armor really didn't do much to help you survive against G-Ranked monsters. It was really just for the hardest of hardcore (which I am not).

Message 46 of 71 (101 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

Interceptor has more agility in a extra Jump and it’s dodge. It’s not faster. It fly at the same exact speed as everything else.

Flying is literally worst thing to do when you try to survive.

interceptor however sprints faster than any other frame. Where Storm "sprints" faster compare only to colossus, and slower than both ranger and interceptor.

Interceptor also literally smaller than any other javelin. Which is extremely important on surviving bullet storm from Scar Hunters, and similar effects.

Best example can be seen when you do objective running to bring relics (not echos) to silent 3rd Shaper's artifact. Interceptor literally can ignore everything, even when colossus and other frames failed draw attention of interceptor. He still just runs and dodges throw all that bullet storm like its nothing

Message 47 of 71 (99 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Sprinting slightly faster is not a big enough thing to say it has a role in contributing. It’s a class with Zero utility and mediocre damage due to close range restrictive playstyle
Message 48 of 71 (77 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I see a lot of people want soft lock, just why?! This is not a single player rpg. Get used to the controls, after an hour i barely missed with my melee attacks, just turn towards the enemy they cant even dodge. The bigger problem for me was when you hit them and they fall then they just sometimes get behind you for no reason.

Message 49 of 71 (68 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That’s part of the problem that a soft lock would solve. You would stay on the target and not randomly fly off as you are knocking them around. A soft lock isn’t you are stuck on them. It just helps keep on them when you are knocking them around and your controls don’t make you fly the wrong direction. It’s especially hard on cliff edges. I put about 16 hours on the interceptor it was a common problem that it was losing enemies
Message 50 of 71 (64 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help