Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Concern for interceptor

by Abyssalwyrm

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
This isn’t about getting gud. This is about the interceptor being about to contribute as much as someone else that got gud at diffrent class. You can do all the dashes you want but in the end what is interceptor really contributing to the team? The other Javelin’s can do just as much damage, prefer to work in safer Ranges to make revives easier on team, and have better team synergy. The synergy between collosus and storm is undeniable. The interceptor just piggy backs off the others instead of also contributing to the extent the others do,

Any class can just equip a gun, but what about it’s actual kit?
Message 31 of 71 (158 Views)

Lol, again you FEAR!!!! But dont actually give any real concrete reasoning other than well IT MUST HAPPEN BECAUSE. Sorry you arent in any way being logical, because you are claiming that the strongest class will magically become the weakest due to REASONS and purposefully ignore all other arguments and current play data.

You make no sense in your arguments.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 32 of 71 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Listen guy I already explained my reasons, and it makes sense. If you can’t bother reading my logical point. I have zero reason to talk to you. Bye

interceptor is not the strongest class. Storms ice aoe and the collussus coil + flamethrower is stronger than anything the interceptor has to offer

Message 33 of 71 (147 Views)

★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

Listen guy I already explained my reasons, and it makes sense. If you can’t bother reading my logical point. I have zero reason to talk to you. Bye

interceptor is not the strongest class. Storms ice aoe and the collussus coil + flamethrower is stronger than anything the interceptor has to offer

I have a sad news for you. Anthem is not about "who can kill most in least amount of time".

And yeah, you usually can do those massive kills uninterrupted. Wonder why?.. well, likely because you are so busy on it, that you not even noticing interceptor goes around battlefield, assassinating all those snipers, and hunters who would flank and totally wreck your face :P

Message 34 of 71 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah which works on current diffulty my concern is for endgame if they still will be able to manage too on the hardest difficulty. That’s what I’m concerned about. 

At that point, things will be likely to one shot you.   Which isn’t great with maps that have open angles for a melee build. Also things become way way more beefy bullet sponges. You aren’t going to kill things all that quickly which could be a serious problem for flying in and out multiple times to take out one target 

Message 35 of 71 (119 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Shaddoll23
You see, I did read what your argument was, I did understand it, BUT it is an arguement based on some nebulous idea that somehow Interceptor will be weaker. Yeah the enemies will hit harder, but who is that going to cause more issues with a huge hulking tank, a floating in space mage or a quick fast agile assassin? BUT BUT BUT IT IS US THE HARDEST DUFFUCULTY!!! Yeah but it doesn't unlock until level 30 which means you SHOULD have max amount of top gear to compensate. BUT BUT STORM AND COLOSSUS ARE FAR BETTER..... Not as seen in the demo, with Interceptor being stronger, killing more and surviving easier. Now MAYBE the Colossus will get better as people learn the class and get the right loadouts, but ask 10 people who played Interceptor and most will tell you Hard was easy with it, whereas the others took effort and often still died to be ressd by an Interceptor. The one here NOT LISTENING to others is you when MULTILPE people have told you your premise is WRONG.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 36 of 71 (117 Views)

★★★★ Guide
If you actually read my argument you would understand that my concern is for end game at diffulty 3 levels above hard. Which hard was made easier for the demo. Logic would be understanding that a target that’s primary focus is melee might struggle to be effective when then game becomes hard enough to 1 or 2 shot you. And the targets become extra beefy. There’s a thing called skill ceilings and skill floors where diffrent things become more or less viable when certain stress variables come into play. Your argument is that it’s illogical because your son had fun on a difficulty that was made simple for a demo.
Message 37 of 71 (110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:

Yeah which works on current diffulty my concern is for endgame if they still will be able to manage too on the hardest difficulty. That’s what I’m concerned about. 

And just like everything for the endgame - you would just need to pick the right gear. More shield to survive few rouge hits, faster ultimate recharge, which have you opportunity to regain all lost health and shield, while hacking and slashing.

There is talks about interceptor meant to be stealthy, and i bet that would also be very important part both for ceptor survivability, and effeiciency. Go stealth when you are in bad spot, re-position yourself at more safer spot, and spend some time regain your ultimate, while dealing with several more isolated enemies.

Same can be said for any frame. Storm would not be able to do even a tiny amount DPS, if he will be constantly downed. And not being as fast as ceptor - he is at higher risk.

Colossus would need somehow adjust his default low movement, just so he wouldn't allow enemies constantly outflank him.

Even ranger would need not just better gear, but right combination of gear, to increase odds of survivability.

Message 38 of 71 (53 Views)

★★ Apprentice

At that point, coop synergy will become the focus of team compositions. You will need dedicated tanks and CC to disable or distract enemies, while dedicated DPS tears them down.

Message 39 of 71 (97 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Shaddoll23 wrote:
If you actually read my argument you would understand that my concern is for end game at diffulty 3 levels above hard. Which hard was made easier for the demo. Logic would be understanding that a target that’s primary focus is melee might struggle to be effective when then game becomes hard enough to 1 or 2 shot you. And the targets become extra beefy. There’s a thing called skill ceilings and skill floors where diffrent things become more or less viable when certain stress variables come into play. Your argument is that it’s illogical because your son had fun on a difficulty that was made simple for a demo.

Same can be told for every javelin.

You need not juts better gear, but right combination of gear. Interceptor would need to buff his shield more, just to survive few those rouge hits. Frankly being really fast he still would take just a few.

Storm not gonna be able to do even tiny amount of DPS, if he will be constantly downed. And not being as fast as interceptor - he is at higher risk. More importantly he generaly have lower "casting speed" which unfortunately demands him being exposed for longer time.

Colossus would really need to do something with his slow default movement speed. Otherwise he would be constantly outflanked, and no amount of buffed health would help him surviving that.

Even ranger would need not just right gear, but right combination of gear to increase odds of surviving deadly encounters.

Message 40 of 71 (88 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help